General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

On 23/09/2022 at 22:42, ewerk said:

Still, whatever you’ve lost in water bills will be small change compared to what you get for the movie rights to this enthralling saga.

Well, it's just that I know I'm not the only one who's fascinated by my life, so I don't want to keep you all in suspense.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Well, it's just that I know I'm not the only one who's fascinated by my life, so I don't want to keep you all in suspense.

You should do a podcast about it. :lol:

Fresh Finaglements of The Fish. 

( you can have that one for free and, no, I’m not listening to it). 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

You should do a podcast about it. :lol:

Fresh Finaglements of The Fish. 

( you can have that one for free and, no, I’m not listening to it). 

Podcast is kind of dying a death. Everyone's life is getting in the way and some issue with the company that puts it out means it wasn't showing in Spotify, Acast, or anywhere else really. So I may have Newcastled my last Natter.

• Sad 1

So, was tentively looking at getting an EV next car purchase. They are fucking horrendously expensive. Just been on the news there it now costs as much per mile to charge an EV from a public charger (bear in mind about 40% of people do not have a driveway) as a petrol vehicle! Fuck that. 

13 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Oof!

How has your listener taken the news? 

She thinks it's a shame, but as ever, my Mam is sure everything happens for a reason.

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

So, was tentively looking at getting an EV next car purchase. They are fucking horrendously expensive. Just been on the news there it now costs as much per mile to charge an EV from a public charger (bear in mind about 40% of people do not have a driveway) as a petrol vehicle! Fuck that. 

Read somewhere that it was always kind of in line with fuel costs. Horrendously expensive to buy, or run?

I assumed you'd have a drive, who'd have a stained glass window and no drive??

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Fish’s Mam- “ Ee, our David, The Archers isn’t what it was, all they talk about is xG and trequartistas! “

Fish- “ … “

Lets get something straight, Fish's mam speaks with received pronunciation. I'm not letting you wash away years of bullying by glossing over that fact. 

"Ee, our David"... She'd have a fit if I even suggested she spoke like that.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Read somewhere that it was always kind of in line with fuel costs. Horrendously expensive to buy, or run?

I assumed you'd have a drive, who'd have a stained glass window and no drive??

Yeah, I do, but even home charging won't be free. But its the capital outlay, you're talking 40k for the type of model I'd want which is about 40% more than the cost of the petrol equivalent. And who the fuck wants to but a second hand EV if the baterries are anything like mobile phone ones? I'm not spending 40k on a fucking car. 

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Lets get something straight, Fish's mam speaks with received pronunciation. I'm not letting you wash away years of bullying by glossing over that fact. 

"Ee, our David"... She'd have a fit if I even suggested she spoke like that.

:lol:

Does she say ‘graarse and caarstle’ ?

My mother-in-law says it that way when she’s got her phone voice on, which I rip the piss out of relentlessly. 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, I do, but even home charging won't be free. But its the capital outlay, you're talking 40k for the type of model I'd want which is about 40% more than the cost of the petrol equivalent. And who the fuck wants to but a second hand EV if the baterries are anything like mobile phone ones? I'm not spending 40k on a fucking car. 

There's the rub. You can get a few electric cars for <£40k, I think.

Best Electric Cars and EV Car Deals 2022 | carwow

12 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

Does she say ‘graarse and caarstle’ ?

My mother-in-law says it that way when she’s got her phone voice on, which I rip the piss out of relentlessly. 

We've educated that out of her, but she loses her sunny disposition when someone says "for free", doesn't pronounce "ing", says "I was sat", she even pronounces the h in where, when, etc.

Speaking of phone voice she still answers the phone by saying the last four digits. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Only 3/10 (top 10) in that list are sub 40k, only 6/20 I think overall. I mean seriously, where are people going to find the money to buy an EV? They cost more than my first house. 

If we all just wait a bit, some glorious filthy lucre is due to trickle down to us all. 

oprah-you-get-a-car-gif-7.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, Renton said:

Only 3/10 (top 10) in that list are sub 40k, only 6/20 I think overall. I mean seriously, where are people going to find the money to buy an EV? They cost more than my first house. 

Howay Rents, that was so long ago you were still using the barter system. Your first house cost you 3 seagull carcasses, which is three times it's value, which is why you hate them now.

I get your point, but I read somewhere that an electric car would save you about £4k a year. Also Electric cars didn't come out this year, so there'll be good standard second hand ones out there. I'm a moron when it comes to cars, but surely, with fewer moving parts there are less things to go wrong with an electric car, and the bigger issues (battery) will certainly have big old warning lights going off if it's fucked, right?