General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The second video underneath was pure comedy 

I used to do this as a student. Not for any political reason, just because I was a student.

Used to also light my farts with spectacular results. 

23 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

This is great, mostly because Alex Petridis is the one of the greatest music writers like ever….they got the right no. 1 as well iyam… 

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2022/oct/06/the-100-greatest-bbc-music-performances-ranked?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

It's a top 100 and he's put the Smiths in it, therefore the whole thing is patently preposterous and the bloke is a cretin.

37 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

No Teenage Kicks on John Peel. List no good

Also, has Coldplay on it. List no good. 

edit; can’t find Teenage Kicks on a Peel Session anywhere- did they ever play it for him? 

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

edit; can’t find Teenage Kicks on a Peel Session anywhere- did they ever play it for him? 

They must’ve done, you’d think. They did loads of Peel Sessions. 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I like The Smiths but I preferred Morrissey before he became a fascist. Johnny Fucking Marr is still cool as fuck though 

I thought wor (French) lass was always going on about Johnny Marr.

Turns out she’s actually saying “J'en ai marre”; “I’m sick of it”, which is, coincidentally, how I feel about Morrissey.  

He would doubtless headline the AGC’s clockwork powered vegan fart capturing festival.   

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

First time he played it got to the end of the  song and said something like I've never done this before and just put it straight back on again

Quite right for the greatest pop song ever recorded

• Like 1

I used to pass the mural commemorating it on the train in to work in Belfast. The sort of band where a 4 track EP lasted about 7 minutes. They did some great tunes like 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2