General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

12 hours ago, Craig said:

The question I have, and perhaps those in the medical profession can answer, wasn't access to insulin by a nurse restricted and had to be signed off by doctor in light of what happened with Allitt?  

What, so the doctors can kill them instead? 😉 Nope, insulin is kept in the cupboard with everything else. There are far more effective drugs to hand if you wanted to do a Shipman (Potassium/Propofol/Rocuronium - we use them every day) Thankfully very few of us are serial killing psychopaths. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, catmag said:

What, so the doctors can kill them instead? 😉 Nope, insulin is kept in the cupboard with everything else. There are far more effective drugs to hand if you wanted to do a Shipman (Potassium/Propofol/Rocuronium - we use them every day) Thankfully very few of us are serial killing psychopaths. 

I love it when you talk shop. 

:lol:

• Haha 2

I work with a Dr that was caught stealing opiates from patients twice, and is still allowed to practice. 

A Nurse would have been struck off for doing that once. The GMC is still an old boys club where you get far more leeway for being dangerous 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, catmag said:

Cath just casually giving any potential serial killers who may get on here the secret code of what to use should they end up on a ward with access to the cupboard. :D

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Cath just casually giving any potential serial killers who may get on here the secret code of what to use should they end up on a ward with access to the cupboard. :D

To be fair, two of those are specifically anaesthetic drugs and they’d have to get the keys from me first. 😁

25 minutes ago, catmag said:

To be fair, two of those are specifically anaesthetic drugs and they’d have to get the keys from me first. 😁

Noted. I'll just grab them from you the next time I see you..... :good:

53df054f6fc02cbce2704fa954abc604.jpg

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, catmag said:

What's your take on this case?

22 charges of mudrder/attempted murder. Technically thats a serial killer?

3 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

What's your take on this case?

22 charges of mudrder/attempted murder. Technically thats a serial killer?

It’s absolutely horrific. I haven’t looked into it in detail but know they all took place over a period of one year. It feels mad that it wasn’t noticed sooner but that’s easy to say with hindsight and given that the poor babies involved were already in a critical state of health. Even from the limited evidence that’s been presented and reported on it feels almost a foregone conclusion that she’s guilty. Could she have coincidentally have been present at each and every adverse incident being reported? I’ll be interested to see her defence for each incident already outlined. It’s unforgivable if proven. 

Fuck me

My brother in law is apparently an environmentalist.  He fucking isn't but he likes to think he is.  Works for the EA, has a Masters in Marine Biology and loves his nature and garden.  Yet.  He says every meal needs meat on it and refuses to watch programmes like Seaspiricy because he likes to eat fish :lol: 

He drives my nephew up to the park a mile away as 'its too far for him to walk'  He's fucking 7.  My mates bairns did some of the biggest mountains in the Lakes & Dales at that age.  Yeh it was a slog but they did it.

If educated people like my BOL stick their head in the sand for their own selfish pleasure no wonder were fucked.

31 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Fuck me

My brother in law is apparently an environmentalist.  He fucking isn't but he likes to think he is.  Works for the EA, has a Masters in Marine Biology and loves his nature and garden.  Yet.  He says every meal needs meat on it and refuses to watch programmes like Seaspiricy because he likes to eat fish :lol: 

He drives my nephew up to the park a mile away as 'its too far for him to walk'  He's fucking 7.  My mates bairns did some of the biggest mountains in the Lakes & Dales at that age.  Yeh it was a slog but they did it.

If educated people like my BOL stick their head in the sand for their own selfish pleasure no wonder were fucked.

the sooner we accept that industrial scale animal agriculture is the biggest threat to the planet, the sooner we can start doing something about it. The problem is people don’t want to hear it. What we put in our body is a highly personal thing and people don’t like being told what they’re doing is wrong.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the sooner we accept that industrial scale animal agriculture is the biggest threat to the planet, the sooner we can start doing something about it. The problem is people don’t want to hear it. What we put in our body is a highly personal thing and people don’t like being told what they’re doing is wrong.  

Excited Celebration GIF by Slanted Studios

After watching seaspiracy I have pretty much stopped eating seafood.  If I want fish I will ask if it's line caught.  99% of the time they don't have a clue.  I eat far less meat than I used to.  Sometimes I can go a couple of weeks before I have a meal with meat in.

I do as much as I can for the environment.  I compost, recycle, re-use.  I have cut down on the amount of clothes and stuff I buy.  My wife read a book on sustainable fashion.  It's something that's overlooked by a lot but like pretty much every industry that's mad.  I cycle to work a lot.  I try and walk most places, but tbh this has always been the case as my parents never drove we would walk or get the bus.

• Like 1