General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

12 hours ago, ewerk said:

$44bn says he wasn't.

My only point was that the $44 billion seems to have been be partly backed and financed by other investors and didn't come entirely from Musk's pocket. 

I'm sounding a bit tinfoil hat but it it looks a lot like he's been completely played by a collective of other rich cunts with nothing in common besides wanting to see Twitter collapse on its arse.

There’s no conspiracy, he’s just a fucking moron. Pretty much Mike Ashley taking over Newcastle United and thinking he could shake things up only to have his arse handed to him. Only Elon is going to lose a lot more money.

• Like 3

Were talking about a multi-billionaire that launched one of his cars into space just for a laugh. I'm having a hard time believing there aren't other multi-billionaires that have been watching him a see him as a thick cunt they could easily manipulate.

If it's true that his main outside investors in this takeover are Qatar and Saudi based, Twitter dying on its arse weeks before a world cup in Qatar can't just be coincidence.

Peter Kay tickets went on sale this morning. Carnage online with 200,000 people in the queue. My Sister dropped £300 on 2x VIP tickets. He's just extended the tour and is now selling tickets for January 2025 :lol: 

You can pick up £40 tickets for the later dates. I'm tempted but reckon it's nailed on he will have sacked the tour off and released a DVD before 2025 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

40 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Peter Kay tickets went on sale this morning. Carnage online with 200,000 people in the queue. My Sister dropped £300 on 2x VIP tickets. He's just extended the tour and is now selling tickets for January 2025 :lol: 

You can pick up £40 tickets for the later dates. I'm tempted but reckon it's nailed on he will have sacked the tour off and released a DVD before 2025 

Why would anyone do this? He's really not all that as a stand up. And watching stand up comedians in arenas, honestly can't think of anything much worse.

16 hours ago, ewerk said:

There’s no conspiracy, he’s just a fucking moron. Pretty much Mike Ashley taking over Newcastle United and thinking he could shake things up only to have his arse handed to him. Only Elon is going to lose a lot more money.

I'm guessing Mike Ashley made a fair bit of money from NUFC so not sure that analogy makes sense.

I saw him at the city hall ages ago. He was canny but I bet he’s still doing the sane material. He’s announced a monthly residency at the O2 as well 

So here's a stange one. How would you feel being buried next to someone who has committed a serious crime. Let's just say infanticide? I mean on the one hand you're dead right, so makes no difference. But on the other.....

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I saw him at the city hall ages ago. He was canny but I bet he’s still doing the sane material. He’s announced a monthly residency at the O2 as well 

He's alright, not my cup of tea, fair enough. My main gripe is that you'll actually be watching him from afar on a large telly. Just can't see the point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

He's alright, not my cup of tea, fair enough. My main gripe is that you'll actually be watching him from afar on a large telly. Just can't see the point.

Aye, agreed re: massive arenas. I actually thought he was hilarious when he first broke onto the scene. His stand up and stuff like That Peter Kay Thing. It’s been done to death though. 

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye, agreed re: massive arenas. I actually thought he was hilarious when he first broke onto the scene. His stand up and stuff like That Peter Kay Thing. It’s been done to death though. 

Yeah, was that the one with the pilot episode set in a motorway service station and 6 other standalone episodes, including the first Phoenix nights? Was truly innovative, just before the Office iirc, and his best work imo. There was a really dark side to his comedy then. "Leonard" reminded me of the mental health circle my sister was in, brilliantly observed. Then there was the Ice cream man cometh, lonely at the top, and various other parts of the Bolton Universe. Keith Lard! :lol:

I reckon that was his peak though tbh, and I bet most people haven't seen them. 

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah, was that the one with the pilot episode set in a motorway service station and 6 other standalone episodes, including the first Phoenix nights? Was truly innovative, just before the Office iirc, and his best work imo. There was a really dark side to his comedy then. "Leonard" reminded me of the mental health circle my sister was in, brilliantly observed. Then there was the Ice cream man cometh, lonely at the top, and various other parts of the Bolton Universe. Keith Lard! :lol:

I reckon that was his peak though tbh, and I bet most people haven't seen them. 

Yeah that’s the one. It was the one with the Neptune Club that was the precursor to Phoenix Nights. There were loads of subtle little bits in it too. In ‘Leonard’ he went into a cafe regularly and chatted to the waitress. She’d won some local beauty contest and she kept asking Leonard for the photo back of her winning it that she’d loaned him. He kept saying he couldn’t find it. Later on he’s being interviewed in his bedroom and it’s on display on his bedside table :lol: the fella who walked around dressed as a cowboy who just shouted John Wayne every now and again as well :lol: 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye, but you're there to listen to his jokes, not watch him dance tbf

8 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Aye, but you're there to listen to his jokes, not watch him dance tbf

You can listen to his jokes on the telly at home though. For free. I used to love stand up, but only up and coming comedians at small comedy venues, where there is some kind of interaction. Nothing beats the Edinburgh festival for this. Feel pretty much the same about music, although with music at least you are more involved.