General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

In other news :lol:….

Flew from Southampton to Glasgow this morning, picked a car up a drove here, about two hours north of Fort William where an old mate is getting married tomorrow….not sure if I’ll see the game tonight 😆

E43CE12D-0983-435F-8D46-42E937ED42E5.jpeg

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 5

Just now, PaddockLad said:

In other news :lol:…,

Flew from Southampton to Glasgow this morning, picked a car up a drove here, about two hours north of Fort William where an old mate is getting married tomorrow….not sure if I’ll see the game tonight 😆

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea building a castle on a motorway bridge? 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Anyone use TikTok on here? My Daughter uses it (supervised) and the amount of absolute fucking shite on there with tens of millions of likes/followers is insane.

Aye, my lad follows some absolute bell-ends, the amount of “guys” would send HMHM into a fatal tailspin. :lol:

It’s like a sketch show without the punchlines. 

• Haha 2

Til Tok is great if you have half an hour to waste. Some quite funny stuff on as well. 

The sort of stuff your kids watch is tailored to them.

It takes note of how long you look at a clip to build a picture of what you like. So if you flip past some guy singing and gaze longer at some lass wobbling her tits, it has your card marked. :lol: 

It is quite funny though.

Been away for weekend, come home and smart display thing states our empty house has used £2678 worth of leccy today, oh and £1 gas. 

Don’t recall telling the house it could power the whole town for the day mind. 

My estimated electric is going up from about £120 a month to £850 a month apparently, accrding to a letter I received at the weekend. Just can't figure out my bill at all, obviously hope this is a mistake as there is no way of getting in contact with the useless tossers at EDF. Certainly doesn't appear to appear to tally with my unit use from my smart meter which in fact is a dumb meter because it's never worked. I'm pretty much completely blind to my utility usage. 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

My estimated electric is going up from about £120 a month to £850 a month apparently, accrding to a letter I received at the weekend. Just can't figure out my bill at all, obviously hope this is a mistake as there is no way of getting in contact with the useless tossers at EDF. Certainly doesn't appear to appear to tally with my unit use from my smart meter which in fact is a dumb meter because it's never worked. I'm pretty much completely blind to my utility usage. 

No way that can be right. We've gone from £140/month (and £260 in credit) to £258/month.

That's who we are with, I tweeted them and they replied asking for a DM with the details, which I've done, someone else has also replied to my tweet saying theirs was same as mine yesterday (and they added they got a bill for £42K last year !! - was sorted pdq but would think some folks would have a heart attack if that happened).

I'm rocking £98 a month on electricity. 

I submitted a meter reading for gas for the last 10 days. It's been on a semi decent amount, I would say, but there's a couple of days a week where no one is in and we have our thermostats pretty low (19.5 to 20).

£4.85 a day average for the last 10 days! And we're definitely not in proper freezing winter weather yet. 

13 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

No way that can be right. We've gone from £140/month (and £260 in credit) to £258/month.

That's who we are with, I tweeted them and they replied asking for a DM with the details, which I've done, someone else has also replied to my tweet saying theirs was same as mine yesterday (and they added they got a bill for £42K last year !! - was sorted pdq but would think some folks would have a heart attack if that happened).

What, I'm supposed to converse with EDF via twitter!? :lol:

We had another bloke from some third party try to connect our smart meter up with their network at the weekend and will have to wait a few days to find out if its worked apparently. I'm not hopeful and just want to change supplier at this point, not that that will likely improve things. When I moved here, EDF charged me £600 for 6 months in an empy house with the heating off. Couldn't prove it was wrong because I hadn't read the old meter before they replace it with their fucking "smart" meter, but I doubt the workmen used that much for their power tools. 

On a broader note, literally everything in this country doesn't seem top  work anymore, how much of this is related to the shitshow we've had in government for the past 12 years I don't know.  Transport, NHS, energy, DWP, HMRC etc., all a complete shambles. 

On 25/11/2022 at 17:10, PaddockLad said:

In other news :lol:….

Further to this, just to say we’ve been  utterly bowled over by the scenery around the village of Dornie this weekend . I think @Renton and one or two others are far more expert about the highlands than I am  and we’re now thinking it’s actually quite easy to get up here from Southampton via Logan air, they do flights to Inverness too…any tips for decent out of season places to visit? 

8F0DEC65-5172-42D3-8E48-2D8A0ED1DB4B.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Visit the Castle, if it's open.

Get over to Skye if you can.

Anywhere up that neck of the woods is gorgeous

The wedding was in the castle 

we did Skye yesterday 

We’re sat in departures at Glasgow airport…had to stop on the way back down the A82 this morning to take this between Bridge of Orchy and Tyndrum :good:

B12CBEA9-134C-40F9-99FF-BAA971176474.jpeg

• Like 6