General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Naah, nothing to add other than I'm jealous as fuck. As Toonpack says, the whole NW Highlands is amazing, although in truth I rarely ventured much North of Fort Bill and Glen Coe (which is also stuning), can't even manage this now really with kids. Once stayed in the Torridon in erm, Torridon, which was amazing. Hiked around Beinn Alligin and Liathach, but the weather wasn't kind unfortunately. I'll be too old and decrepit to walk on these again by the time I am kid free now unfortunately cos Scottish hills are brutal. :( Still great places on the level though of course and the whole place just oozes geological and sometimes clan history. And wild life.

If I was in your neck of the woods I would fork out on the sleeper train (to Fort Bill), wake up to herds of deer on Rannoch moor. Ideal for someone who loces trains and mountains.  Difficult to justify that here as I'd actually have to travel down to London to start the trip!  

19 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Gets even nicer imo when you drive from Ullapool up to Dorness. 

@Renton  Why not take the kids round in a motor home? I’ve had great holidays doing that as a kid and with my kids.

I'd love to but vetoed by my family unfortunately. Can't imagine they're cheap to rent mind, and they are astronomically expensive to buy. 

Anyone know any good VW repair shops? 

Deer ran out in front of me yesterday, it was thick fog so I was only doing 20mph thankfully but it's knocked the parking sensor out and shattered the VW badge....the bastard.

17 minutes ago, Tom said:

Deer ran out in front of me yesterday, it was thick fog so I was only doing 20mph thankfully but it's knocked the parking sensor out and shattered the VW badge....the bastard.

Same thing happened to Barry Venison when he was with Newcastle :cuppa:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I do know someone who used someone local to Blyth recently (after an eye-watering quote just for a diagnostic from VW). I’ll see if they were any good and try and get a name