General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Speaking of ancient communication systems, I had to send a new driving license photo to the DVLA today. 

As it’s 2023 and not 1823, you’d think I could send it, and pay, remotely via t’interweb? 

No, no, no Mr. Fist- why make it easy? 

Pay only with a cheque (remember them?) or postal order, and send and actual photograph, via actual mail. 

I’m surprised they didn’t want it sent by carrier pigeon. 

9 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Speaking of ancient communication systems, I had to send a new driving license photo to the DVLA today. 

As it’s 2023 and not 1823, you’d think I could send it, and pay, remotely via t’interweb? 

No, no, no Mr. Fist- why make it easy? 

Pay only with a cheque (remember them?) or postal order, and send and actual photograph, via actual mail. 

I’m surprised they didn’t want it sent by carrier pigeon. 

They're trying to prevent you from driving :smile:

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

As it happens I’ve just driven up Tinklers Bank near Riding Mill. 

I had to pull over as it seems I now have Pavlov’s bladder. :lol:

day today GIF

It's that time. Comes to us all. 🙂 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

"unmanned octaganol structure with strings attached"

So a kite then

Alternatively.....

It's Sunday 26th February, around 7pm in NW London, UK. Alain St Maximim has just score a last minute winner in the last added minute of extra time to win NUFC the League cup against their bitter red Manc opponents, ending a 53 year trophy drought (or 68 years if you're a mackem), and earning trophyshy a name change and several posters the anticipation of a tea bagging session with the reluctant hero. The ref blows the whistle, a tidal wave of euphoria passes through the ecstatic black and white crowds as Bruno raise his arms aloft. It's finally happened. 

Then suddenly there is an ominous humming in the air and the sky goes dark and cold.....

New York Nyc GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Ahh fuck man. Typical. 

• Haha 4