General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

On 21/03/2023 at 10:07, Dr Gloom said:

"at least he's friendly" :lol:

Just let him do it then we can go home :lol: 

That’s easy for him to say :lol: 

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I’m currently in a meeting discussing all the meetings we have.

I used to have a ridiculous amount of meetings in my previous job when we were collaborating on a project with BT. There was a fella worked for them and, fuck me, he could talk and talk absolute shite. He used to schedule meetings at our offices (which were near Gateshead stadium) instead of theirs, which were near the metro centre, on a Friday afternoon. The sole purpose was that it was easier to for him get home to Sunderland, theoretically getting a flyer to kick off the weekend. But he loved the sound of his own voice so much he couldn’t fucking help himself. He’d still be prattling on at 5 o’clock, about two and a half hours into a meeting we didn’t even need to have in the first place. What a fucking bell end that bloke was :lol: 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 5

I’ve started refusing meetings if I don’t believe I need to be there. If anything of importance comes up I will catch it in the minutes. 

It was getting beyond a joke, site meeting on one side of Manchester, then a teams meeting meaning I have to get across Manchester to our office. Then a design team meeting in the city centre. Nah, your alright.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Well you could have said hello

FEFEEBC2-EC49-460A-A187-85C3508F7A3D.thumb.jpeg.977ef123e41af4aab6f2f22561d9b384.jpeg

".....and so when I saw the Sainsbury's van I automatically thought it was someone I don't know personally but know from a football message board who went by the codename 'Monkeys fist'. He couldn't hear me shout so I started to move my hands very fast to get his attention when my pants all of a sudden fell down so I had the unenviable task of trying to pull them up whilst furiously still moving my hands in a quick motion which I now realise might have looked like a man masturbating at sexy looking man in uniform which absolutely wasn't the case."

p02bl5c1.jpg

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, strawb said:

I’ve started refusing meetings if I don’t believe I need to be there. If anything of importance comes up I will catch it in the minutes. 

It was getting beyond a joke, site meeting on one side of Manchester, then a teams meeting meaning I have to get across Manchester to our office. Then a design team meeting in the city centre. Nah, your alright.

We were still getting told we were needed at fucking meeting when they were painting the fucking thing! Mate our jobs done months ago please fuck off. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, strawb said:

My team is stretched out across the country but we have rare meetings that we have to attend in person. At the same time the company have refused to pay for hotels. So now I have to, on occasion, drive 2 hours to Birmingham to have an hour long 'Team Meeting' in the conference room of a shitty office on a shitty trading estate in a shitty part of Birmingham, then drive 2 hours back. 

Made all the more worthwhile by half the team calling in from the Newbury office.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, The Fish said:

My team is stretched out across the country but we have rare meetings that we have to attend in person. At the same time the company have refused to pay for hotels. So now I have to, on occasion, drive 2 hours to Birmingham to have an hour long 'Team Meeting' in the conference room of a shitty office on a shitty trading estate in a shitty part of Birmingham, then drive 2 hours back. 

Made all the more worthwhile by half the team calling in from the Newbury office.

Given some of your work commentary on here, they probably checking that you're actually doing something 🙂 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Given some of your work commentary on here, they probably checking that you're actually doing something 🙂 

They'll only realise that after I leave, and by then it's too late.

• Haha 3

Got my license back after a.3 month medical revoke. 

Come to Belgium to watch the cycling. Top day out yesterday. Mega race and atmosphere

We were driving back to the hotel and then I wake up in the back of a ambulance 🙄 thankfully I wasn't driving. 

Spent last night in hospital waiting for tests. But fuck me. It shows how FUCKED the NHS is. Within 30mins of arrival I had my CT scan and bloods checked. Then a bed within the hour. 

Plus all the nurses are FIT! 

Waiting to see Nuero guy this morning and hopefully let out early. I feel totally fine now and hopefully it's a tweak of my meds. But now I loose my license for a year. Meh. It is what it is. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Come to Belgium to watch the cycling. Top day out yesterday. Mega race and atmosphere

We were driving back to the hotel and then I wake up in the back of a ambulance 🙄 thankfully I wasn't driving. 

Spent last night in hospital waiting for tests. But fuck me. It shows how FUCKED the NHS is. Within 30mins of arrival I had my CT scan and bloods checked. Then a bed within the hour. 

Waiting to see Nuero guy this morning and hopefully let out early. I feel totally fine now and hopefully it's a tweak of my meds. But now I loose my license for a year. Meh. It is what it is. 

Same thing happened my mate, unfortunately with a tragic outcome.

Glad to hear you’re okay. Disappointed to hear you’re now a fan of private health care YOU MASSIVE TORY.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Here’s to a speedy recovery.

• Like 3