General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Got my license back after a.3 month medical revoke. 

Come to Belgium to watch the cycling. Top day out yesterday. Mega race and atmosphere

We were driving back to the hotel and then I wake up in the back of a ambulance 🙄 thankfully I wasn't driving. 

Spent last night in hospital waiting for tests. But fuck me. It shows how FUCKED the NHS is. Within 30mins of arrival I had my CT scan and bloods checked. Then a bed within the hour. 

Plus all the nurses are FIT! 

Waiting to see Nuero guy this morning and hopefully let out early. I feel totally fine now and hopefully it's a tweak of my meds. But now I loose my license for a year. Meh. It is what it is. 

jeez man. Take it easy!

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

They've just upped em slighty. Steady rest of the break now. Thankfully I've got a great bunch of mates ripping me for drinking sprite whilst their on the beer. 

Hospitalising yourself just to get out of having to buy a round for the rest of the weekend.

They’ll be telling tales of your legend round Yorkshire for centuries.

• Haha 7

a rare foray in to the land of general discussion for me, so @wykikitoon pleased to read you're feeling better after your accident!

anyway, dont know if this has been discussed already but anybody else being bombarded with emails from companies wanted to get you back the tax you paid on ppi claims?

think i got about £5k in ppi after the original company that handled it had their 10% cut or whatever it was, and can't recall at all what was taken in tax at the time. is it worth the bother? apparently it's something you can attempt to do yourself but the form on the gov website is supposed to be a fucking headspinner!  :)

• Like 1

On 25/03/2023 at 09:39, wykikitoon said:

Everything looking fine scan wise so hoping to be discharged soon

Good news Wyki, sorry I missed this hope you are OK.

Try to rest and stay calm, unless the effort in doing that enrages you beyond your normal rage levels !!

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

a rare foray in to the land of general discussion for me, so @wykikitoon pleased to read you're feeling better after your accident!

anyway, dont know if this has been discussed already but anybody else being bombarded with emails from companies wanted to get you back the tax you paid on ppi claims?

think i got about £5k in ppi after the original company that handled it had their 10% cut or whatever it was, and can't recall at all what was taken in tax at the time. is it worth the bother? apparently it's something you can attempt to do yourself but the form on the gov website is supposed to be a fucking headspinner!  :)

All of those companies take a % of your rebate so be wary of the small print. These companies might also be after your information to sell it on? Not sure how much tax you'd get back from a £5k refund, so I guess it comes down to whether it's worth the time and fuss?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

There's plenty of nerds here who I'm sure would do it for you for nothing 🙂 

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

All of those companies take a % of your rebate so be wary of the small print. These companies might also be after your information to sell it on? Not sure how much tax you'd get back from a £5k refund, so I guess it comes down to whether it's worth the time and fuss?

cheers for that mate, hadn't even considered the highlighted bit to be honest. pretty sure the 2 or 3 companies i've had emails off recently though weren't the folk who handled my ppi claim originally. would be less suspicious if it was.

definitely a thing though.

featured earlier this week on that martin lewis show, just caught the tail end of it whilst channel hopping, think the form is called an r40, might be wiser to just have a go at filling it in meself.  :)

https://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2019/04/martin-lewis--had-a-ppi-payout---if-so-you-can-reclaim-the-tax-o/

24 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

cheers for that mate, hadn't even considered the highlighted bit to be honest. pretty sure the 2 or 3 companies i've had emails off recently though weren't the folk who handled my ppi claim originally. would be less suspicious if it was.

definitely a thing though.

featured earlier this week on that martin lewis show, just caught the tail end of it whilst channel hopping, think the form is called an r40, might be wiser to just have a go at filling it in meself.  :)

https://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2019/04/martin-lewis--had-a-ppi-payout---if-so-you-can-reclaim-the-tax-o/

When did you get the PPI refund?

You can only reclaim PPI tax going back four tax years, as well as the current one. As we're in the 2022/23 tax year, that means the furthest you can claim back is the 2018/19 tax year. Important. The reclaim deadline for PPI payouts received in the 2018/19 tax year is 5 April 2023.

You can't reclaim tax on any PPI payouts received before April 2018.