General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

14 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well, I've been married a quarter of a century so know what I'm talking about. 

Congratulations to you (and Toonpack) 

46 minutes ago, Renton said:

A bit extreme. A bit of gaffer tape covering the lap top camera lens will do the job mate. 👍

I use insulation tape as it happens

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Interesting email this morning (I don’t btw)

58E72B24-A97D-41E3-B017-771582EFDDE3.jpeg

Too late, TP. The scammer's already released the perverted act with you the star of the show..... (It's bad).

30536817640bc615826052270c901218_w200.gif.b5a17f54a4076bc93546c48e08600ba5.gif

As an added bonus, (I didn't ask, he sent one anyway) here's one of CT watching Denise Welch on loose women before he starts his taxi shift.....

6eh1aj.jpg.e217513a81a4a53267c114c10058ef92.jpg

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Programming stupid human oops 

The thing is, unanticipated consequences are unavoidable. Isaac Asimov predicted this with I Robot 70 years ago, well worth a read if you haven't. 

We definitely need a convention to keep AI away from lethal technology, otherwise personally I think a SkyNet situation is a real possibility.

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

The thing is, unanticipated consequences are unavoidable. Isaac Asimov predicted this with I Robot 70 years ago, well worth a read if you haven't. 

We definitely need a convention to keep AI away from lethal technology, otherwise personally I think a SkyNet situation is a real possibility.

This is why I'm always polite to Alexa.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, The Fish said:

This is why I'm always polite to Alexa.

I used to be but my patience is already being tested day to day with life in general and four autistic kids that already have me teetering on the brink. AI my arse, it's clearly programmed to be the total shithouse that will push me over the edge.

Nothing will make me angrier than:

"Alexa, play Shadow Play by Rory Gallagher".

"Sorry, I couldn't find Shadow Play by Noel Gallagher but here's other music by Noel Gallagher".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Nothing will make me angrier than:

"Alexa, play Shadow Play by Rory Gallagher".

I’m not surprised Alexa got confused mate- he was never the same after the split with Lyle.…

:whistle:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Her indoors has decided she wants an outside kitchen type thing (basically a bbq with a worktop and space for a fridge) building.

Ive laid the base so guess what I’m spending my sunny weekend doing. 

Haven’t laid a brick since college, this thing is going to be on the wonk at every angle 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

46 minutes ago, strawb said:

Her indoors has decided she wants an outside kitchen type thing (basically a bbq with a worktop and space for a fridge) building.

Ive laid the base so guess what I’m spending my sunny weekend doing. 

Haven’t laid a brick since college, this thing is going to be on the wonk at every angle 

Looking forward to the pics Tommy :good: 

IMG_2056.jpeg

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Looking forward to the pics Tommy :good: 

IMG_2056.jpeg

Wish I was as good as him, I can see this turning into an absolute disaster 

On 02/06/2023 at 09:12, Renton said:

Ever the optimist 

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Ever the optimist 

Strange take. I just take a precautionary view with AI. Don't allow AI access to lethal weaponry and make sure you can always physically turn it off. Seems sensible to me, neither pessimistic nor optimistic.

If you want me to be pessimistic, you should check out my concerns on self replicating nanobots. 👍

Grey goo theory.

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, strawb said:

Wish I was as good as him, I can see this turning into an absolute disaster 

However wonky, pissed and misaligned it is, it’ll look like perfection compared to my wall :lol:

( It survived winter tbf). 

25 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

However wonky, pissed and misaligned it is, it’ll look like perfection compared to my wall :lol:

Tbf I’m going to render it and tile it, so if it’s somewhat straight it should look ok at the end 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Also if it’s still standing then it’s a success imo

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Renton said:

Strange take. I just take a precautionary view with AI. Don't allow AI access to lethal weaponry and make sure you can always physically turn it off. Seems sensible to me, neither pessimistic nor optimistic.

If you want me to be pessimistic, you should check out my concerns on self replicating nanobots. 👍

Grey goo theory.

a nuclear Holocaust at the hands of our AI overlords isn’t a particularly optimistic take on the future. Hopefully we’ve learned enough from Sci-fi to avoid it 

My lass is also got reckless spending on the brain. So far THIS MORNING, she’s had eyes on a new mattress, a new bed frame, a new BBQ, paint for the bathroom and a trip to York. We talk about the effect smart phones have had on kids, it’s got nowt on what it’s done to that lot scrolling through nonsense

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

My lass is also got reckless spending on the brain. So far THIS MORNING, she’s had eyes on a new mattress, a new bed frame, a new BBQ, paint for the bathroom and a trip to York. We talk about the effect smart phones have had on kids, it’s got nowt on what it’s done to that lot scrolling through nonsense

Count your blessings, it could always be worse :lol: 

:CT:

• Haha 2