General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

I know it’s a case of his being sorry people found out rather than being sorry etc. it’s still canny awful the way something relatively minor in the scheme of things gets whipped up into a witch hunt though. I’ll admit to not keeping as fully abreast of the media coverage as yourself though ;) 

He's a nonce, it's not that trivial.

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

I know it’s a case of his being sorry people found out rather than being sorry etc. it’s still canny awful the way something relatively minor in the scheme of things gets whipped up into a witch hunt though. I’ll admit to not keeping as fully abreast of the media coverage as yourself though ;) 

ewerk's devestated, so he is. And anyway, what's this? Has that kiwi free loader smuggled his mam into the country? Both need re-deporting if you ask me.  

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

He's a nonce, it's not that trivial.

Is he? Genuinely thought the lad was 20ish, or was this bullshit? (like Alex not really following it). He's definitlely well below the half your age plus 7 rule like, so I'm not defending him.

On 24/05/2023 at 19:09, strawb said:

Right. I’ve ordered a decent  looking but cheap ring to propose to my gf with and then planning on taking her to choose her own ring. 

This is probably the best course of action right?

One particularly vociferous mate thinks I should pick the fucking thing, knowing our lass it would be wrong for the rest of my life. And he can get fucked the eternally single cunt

Im about to propose as well. Im going to take my step-daughter along to help pick the ring and hope for the best. What's the crack on how much to spend the days?  im not having any of this 3 times your monthly wage bullshit. its 2023.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

Im about to propose as well. Im going to take my step-daughter along to help pick the ring and hope for the best. What's the crack on how to spend the days?  im not having any of this 3 times your monthly wage bullshit. its 2023.

Tak a sabaatical, get a part time job in a local garden centre, buy the ring, and go back to your old job. 👍

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Is he? Genuinely thought the lad was 20ish, or was this bullshit? (like Alex not really following it). He's definitlely well below the half your age plus 7 rule like, so I'm not defending him.

He was certainly fucking him in his 20s but he's 'known him' since he was in school.

25 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He was certainly fucking him in his 20s but he's 'known him' since he was in school.

Alreet, Popbitch

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Renton said:

The preceding posts. You're the go to media punch bag on the forum, is all. ;)

WHO GIVES A SINGLE FUCK about Holly Willoughby and Philip Schofield? The media are so far up their own arse they think that people actually care about this shit. Sick of it being pastered everywhere, especially on the state funded BBC. 

The beeb’s rolling coverage and push notifications of this story has been pretty bizarre  

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Im about to propose as well. Im going to take my step-daughter along to help pick the ring and hope for the best. What's the crack on how much to spend the days?  im not having any of this 3 times your monthly wage bullshit. its 2023.

Good luck mate.

I honestly have no idea, I’m going to take her to the jewellery quarter in Birmingham and close my eyes. Deal with consequences on my deathbed probably 

25 minutes ago, strawb said:

Good luck mate.

I honestly have no idea, I’m going to take her to the jewellery quarter in Birmingham and close my eyes. Deal with consequences on my deathbed probably 

Take her to York and find an 'antique' ring, cost like 50% less than a new one and if you're lucky it might be haunted.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I haven’t been to New Orleans but I did occasionally wonder just how authentic the experience was in Old Orleans :lol: 

It was like being in a scene in JFK, only thing missing was John Callaghan from New Orleans who we met one day in Mexico telling me to say 'hi to the folks back home, Dave.' as he'd fucked off to his room whilst we were talking to his (half his age) new wife just to get a camcorder to shove in my face when I was having an icer by the bar. :lol:

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I'd say Americans are the worst tourists by a margin. A bit of a generalisation because i've met lovely ones but some seem to treat hotel staff with contempt as you say. Esepcially in places like France where they expect everybody to speak English. But then as HMHM says they will tip heavily, even in all inclusive places with strcit no tipping reules, its so ingrained in their culture, so I can imagine that'san okay bottom line for some staff. A special call out for me goes to South Africans on holiday. Loud, obnoxious, never met a nic one. And now I'm getting deja vu.  

Only South African I remember spending time with turned out to be a cunt, seemed ok at first, joined in with me and a mate in town as we befriended him, a couple of hours later, already been out before we met him, I was singing the spitting image song at him before he eventually took the hint. Big farage fan he was, thought we were too till I informed him of his error. The yanks are funny fuckers, very friendly to other yanks, some to us as well but at least half of them freaked out when I replied to them, smiled but couldn't get away quick enough as they obviously couldn't understand a word I said even though I watered it down massively, some even struggled to understand the wife which was a huge piss take as she doesn't talk broad Geordie at all. I did have a bit of a laugh with one or two but I'm not sure they understood I was having them on a bit? :lol: Got some 'especial' bottled beer you had to pay for shoved in the ice bucket for myself, gratis, by a couple of the barmen as I laughed at his description of the beer being 6%abv, he was on about the bottled stuff in the shop, I thought he was talking about the draught stuff, I told him 'me trabajor en el breweria, no 6 por ciento' before I realised what he was talking about. Anyway, I must've been the only guest getting pissed on the beer when I fancied a drop as they always put some bottles on for me if we went to the lobby bar. One yank complained about the draught beer saying he was going to see the travel agent when he got back home, said everything was supposed to be Budweiser, I told him about the especial stuff in the shop and he said, 'You're Australian, right?' :lol:

• Haha 1

PSA. 

Dennis the Menace Cocktail. 

Add two shots of Malibu and two shots of peach schnapps to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into a cocktail glass with crushed ice. Top up with cranberry juice and pineapple juice and serve

• Like 1

Malibu always reminds me of one of the openings to the league of gentlemen when the milkman is doing his rounds but instead of milk he drops off a couple of bottles of Malibu on the doorstep of Iris the cleaner. Which isn’t meant to infer your lass looks like her btw, HMHM :lol: 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

PSA. 

Dennis the Menace Cocktail. 

Add two shots of Malibu and two shots of peach schnapps to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into a cocktail glass with crushed ice. Top up with cranberry juice and pineapple juice and serve

I'll take your word for it, she used to make it for herself years ago once in a blue moon till she realised she couldn't hack it. :lol:

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'll take your word for it, she used to make it for herself years ago once in a blue moon till she realised she couldn't hack it. :lol:

First created by the head mixologist at Sgt. Peppers. To commemorate the occasion of the 30th anniversary of their celebrated 2-4-1 Tuesday afternoon 2-6pm drinks offer 👍🏻

• Haha 4

I got mildly bewildered on my 50th in Edinburgh drinking Old Fashioneds with Mrs.F. on the Margaritas. 

Rough as a badgers hoop on the train back the next day, the only cure was rail ale :lol:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I got mildly bewildered on my 50th in Edinburgh drinking Old Fashioneds with Mrs.F. on the Margaritas. 

Rough as a badgers hoop on the train back the next day, the only cure was rail ale :lol:

Old Fashioneds are lush though. With a good quality Scotch, a nice aged rum, Bourbon or (properly) Rye. But aye, they can be dangerously easy to sink 

• Like 1

Aye- we’d been out to eat at some posh French place the name of which I forget now, then came back to the hotel bar, which was pretty empty. 
A spotty youth took our drinks order, and said he’d have to ask the barman as “they’re no on the menu” :lol:

The barman, who was obviously bored out his mind, gave us a thumbs up and sent the drinks over. 
I’m convinced he was giving us double measures, but we told the youth to just keep them coming. :lol:

Wobbled up to bed several hours later with a cacklingly drunk Mrs. trying her best to be decorous and failing miserably :lol:

• Haha 4

Prince Harry’s court case v Daily Mirror , cunts giving evidence today . The Mirror’s barrister said yesterday that there wasn’t a scrap of evidence against anyone at the mirror. Under cross examination H has said this (prepped obviously)… 

IMG_2073.jpeg

19 hours ago, Alex said:

Old Fashioneds are lush though. With a good quality Scotch, a nice aged rum, Bourbon or (properly) Rye. But aye, they can be dangerously easy to sink 

Rhumba in Tynemouth does a belter rum old-fashioned. Have to pay extra for the good stuff but fuck drinking it with a Captain Morgan’s 

• Like 1

If people are climbing on board with the “Harry is a wanker” thing then they’ve  got to understand why they think that and why it’s such a popular opinion. NB his missus took the Daily Mail group to court and won  3 times . Now have a guess about where the first tittle tattle about her appeared…then have a guess where Morgan was working at the time…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-65818773?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=647f3b1783361e17398c6cf7%26Prince Harry accuses Piers Morgan of intimidation%262023-06-06T14%3A03%3A14.619Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:95b4f8ff-fab2-40ea-8bc7-7f922f4ea9b1&pinned_post_asset_id=647f3b1783361e17398c6cf7&pinned_post_type=share

Not suggesting any of them are great characters. But if people can’t pick out Morgan as a repulsively malignant cancer on UK public life for the past 30 odd years then they’ve been had by him too…

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 5