General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I don't know how anyone can argue with Mr. Fists' point about Bamburgh - the beach really is a thing of beauty.

You'll also struggle to find any village cricket team that has better scenery from a spectator's point of view.

Edited by Jonny2J

I don't know how anyone can argue with Mr. Fists' point about Bamburgh - the beach really is a thing of beauty.

You'll also struggle to find any village cricket team that has better scenery from a spectator's point of view.

The commentary however was not about the beach, twas about the seafront. The whole package.

There is nothing up and down the coast to compare with Shields seafront package of fairs, parks, piers, beaches, restaurants, pubs, greenery.

And this myth that the air somehow is cleaner 30 miles up the same stretch of coast. :icon_lol:

The commentary however was not about the beach, twas about the seafront. The whole package.

There is nothing up and down the coast to compare with Shields seafront package of fairs, parks, piers, beaches, restaurants, pubs, greenery.

And this myth that the air somehow is cleaner 30 miles up the same stretch of coast. :icon_lol:

As you can see in my signature there's not a beach of more natural beauty in England than Bamburgh, and it's nicer round the corner than what you can see there. Personally I like being in places of natural beauty rather, than grotty seaside towns like Blackpool, South Shields and Scarborough, over ran with charva's and the like. Bamburgh has restaurants, and it has a few lush pubs as well. It's like comparing SuBo to Elle MacPherson at her peak on so many levels.

I don't think CT is on the wind up. He's basically just Captain Benidorm, and needs flashing lights, trashy sideshows and ice cream on tap to keep him entertained. Natural beauty takes a backseat to the sound of the waltzer.

I am rapidly getting a headache because our accountant (and friend) has advised our business to become a limited company. I am online reading up about it, but I have to be honest and say I don't really understand it all :icon_lol:

The big benefit of it is that should things go tits up then your creditors can only take the assets of the business rather than coming after your personal property.

I am rapidly getting a headache because our accountant (and friend) has advised our business to become a limited company. I am online reading up about it, but I have to be honest and say I don't really understand it all :icon_lol:

The big benefit of it is that should things go tits up then your creditors can only take the assets of the business rather than coming after your personal property.

and your accountant can write off more tax and charge you more money for the privilege.

I don't think CT is on the wind up. He's basically just Captain Benidorm, and needs flashing lights, trashy sideshows and ice cream on tap to keep him entertained. Natural beauty takes a backseat to the sound of the waltzer.

:icon_lol:

Gemmill, check your fucking messages, you ball bag

:icon_lol:

Gemmill, check your fucking messages, you ball bag

Just replied, I'd forgotten so well reminded. Just message me again with more questions etc. Re Motel Capri, theres plenty bars and stuff on Lombard and Chestnut. Have a look on their website and you'll see how close that is to the hotel.

All the fucking horrible tacky shit at places like South Shields is exactly what spoils them for me.

I think growing up with all of that has made me semi-immune from a probable natural tendency to see it as tacky.

I know CT was arguing very pro-tacky area but I'd say walking south from Ghandis temple all the way along the cliff tops to Marsden is still fantastic and certainly doesn't lack for natural beauty.

All the fucking horrible tacky shit at places like South Shields is exactly what spoils them for me.

I think growing up with all of that has made me semi-immune from a probable natural tendency to see it as tacky.

I know CT was arguing very pro-tacky area but I'd say walking south from Ghandis temple all the way along the cliff tops to Marsden is still fantastic and certainly doesn't lack for natural beauty.

It's nee Bamburgh. Personally I prefer the views on the North Side of the Tyne.

Why's it nice though - because it's unspoilt. I'm on about Whitley Bay etc. In fact Seahouses is just along the road from Bamburgh and that's a load of shite as well. Nice chips like, I'll admit.

The Northumberland coastline in general is hard to beat like. You take it for granted sometimes.

I don't know either that well - only been to Bamburgh a few times and when up there always seemed to be heading for Lindisfarne rather than the beach as such.

Just reminded me that The Fusilier pub at Longbenton is making a proper* day of it for the Royal Wedding - face painting for the bairns, early opening, bouncy castle, big tv screen to watch the events live, etc.

*In the Souness sense of the word.

I have a few framed photos of the north east at home which i bought from the biscuit factory, the sunset on Bamburgh beach takes pride of place.

CT clearly on the wind up.

It's without doubt, one of the top ten iconic images anywhere on this island. Fuckin South Shields, full of bamps, poormans Whitley Bay and that's saying something.

Mind, I don't agree with Stevie on Whitley Bay either. We walked from Cullercoats to Blyth lighthouse yesterday, and it's minging most of the way.

Lovely flower displays but overlooked by decrepid buildings and manky fun pubs.

The bars and parks along South Shields are lovely by comparison. Much prefer a boating lake and mini railway to 42nd street and the ruins of Spanish City.