General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

7 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

All those resources that could have been spent on arresting Graham Linehan instead. :(

I’ve long held the belief that he’s two half’s of different people, glued together down the middle. 

The group I work for bought a company last year, it’s merged with the part of the company I work at (employed by the group based at this specific company).

The company we bought had a H&S director who has quit and is doing his notice, they have offered me the job which sounds nice cos it’s a big pay rise/company car or allowance etc.

But I’m not sure I want to take it, the company we bought don’t have a great reputation and from all the information I’ve been given their H&S management system is completely shite and I would basically be starting from scratch, my head has been up my arse with work anyway since I went back after treatment.

I would have to wear a proper shirt and trousers and probably never get out on site anymore either.

Aware that this is a humble brag and you couldn’t give a fuck, just taking my head for a shit.

• Like 1

Depends on whether the money is worth the extra hassle or not.

Working at director level would obviously make it easier to get that sort of job at another company in the future so there is that to consider too.

@strawb here's a senior H&S director of my aquaintance:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/calum-cameron-cmiosh-57797920

He's a spark by trade, like myself. He err "fell" into the construction H & S gig at some point in the 9Os by climbing up on to the hand rail  and somehow throwing himself off the top of a scissor lift on to the very hard concrete below.

He was injured so badly he could never as much as turn a screwdriver again. So he did his H&S degree and has never looked back really, gigs with Kier Group, 6 years in Dubai etc. Hes got a lot to say for himself, but mostly talks insufferable drivel. Looking at him and how he got to  his current lofty career status then I think you'll have absolutely no problem whatsoever handling any gig they want to throw at you :)

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Depends on whether the money is worth the extra hassle or not.

Working at director level would obviously make it easier to get that sort of job at another company in the future so there is that to consider too.

It’s the hassle vs money I’m struggling with I think.

Good point about future jobs though

42 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

@strawb here's a senior H&S director of my aquaintance:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/calum-cameron-cmiosh-57797920

He's a spark by trade, like myself. He err "fell" into the construction H & S gig at some point in the 9Os by climbing up on to the hand rail  and somehow throwing himself off the top of a scissor lift on to the very hard concrete below.

He was injured so badly he could never as much as turn a screwdriver again. So he did his H&S degree and has never looked back really, gigs with Kier Group, 6 years in Dubai etc. Hes got a lot to say for himself, but mostly talks insufferable drivel. Looking at him and how he got to  his current lofty career status then I think you'll have absolutely no problem whatsoever handling any gig they want to throw at you :)

Cheers mate, I’m sure I could do the job but I like being out on site with the lads rather than in an office.

You not that blokes biggest fan by any chance? 

Depends how badly. A lot of UK H&S legislation is interwoven with EU directives, if it goes properly tits up H&S could be seen as red tape and we would all be out of a job. 

Im probably going to do it like, think I’m just being a fanny cos I’m comfortable atm

On 1/28/2019 at 19:15, strawb said:

The group I work for bought a company last year, it’s merged with the part of the company I work at (employed by the group based at this specific company).

The company we bought had a H&S director who has quit and is doing his notice, they have offered me the job which sounds nice cos it’s a big pay rise/company car or allowance etc.

But I’m not sure I want to take it, the company we bought don’t have a great reputation and from all the information I’ve been given their H&S management system is completely shite and I would basically be starting from scratch, my head has been up my arse with work anyway since I went back after treatment.

I would have to wear a proper shirt and trousers and probably never get out on site anymore either.

Aware that this is a humble brag and you couldn’t give a fuck, just taking my head for a shit.

Take it. If it's shite you can always sack it off and go back to what you were doing before. Unfortunately society is now at the point where you need to earn a decent wage if you have any desire to retire and live comfortably the right side of 70. 

• Like 1

England's try from the first half kick off was brutally brilliant. The running angles were incredible. Im tempted to say that they'll take some beating but theyre an arrogant set of wankers & their arsehole of an Aussie coach  always always find a way of fucking it up :D