General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

25 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I've never been a massive fan of Gervais as I just don't get his sense of humour.  But fuck me, that was superb.

Even when he's funny, he's being funny with that face and that voice and that delivery. I've never understood how anyone can tolerate him. :lol: 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Even when he's funny, he's being funny with that face and that voice and that delivery. I've never understood how anyone can tolerate him. :lol: 

it's all subjective, i suppose, my mrs can't stand him for the same reason 

8 minutes ago, NJS said:

Just found out an old boss of mine has been jailed for 3 years for being a paedo - fucking hell. 

Probably not appropriate for jokes. What type of offence did he commit and did you suspect anything amiss?

He was travelling to meet a seven year old he'd groomed on line but it was actually a police sting. Also had images etc. 

Seemed okay to me - he was actually sacked for upsetting some managers and other staff but was always okay with me. 

He'd once been on a team leader course where they suggested more engagement with the team so he asked me how my weekend had been - it happened to be when we lost 3-0 to the mackems (Di Canio one I think) so I replied it had been a soul destroying nightmare - he didn't ask again :)

46 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Renton desperate to know if he's on Operation Yewtree's radar after cracking one off to schoolgirls in a Channel 4 comedy.

If Toontastic was a police sting Renton would have been put away years ago. 

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

And on the theme of sexual criminality, I may have missed part of this story but why the outcry about this? Is it just the assumption that she's innocent?

There's been forensic evidence not admitted to the court that she was gang raped (bruises to her body). If that's true it's a double injustice. Also this will undoubtedly put off real victims. 

It's a typical macho Mediterranean culture in Cyprus so I'm not surprised that the police weren't rape victim friendly. 

There's also a lot of construction investment at the moment from Egypt, Lebanon and Israel - my cynical side suggests I'd have a look to see if the lads were connected to that money. Even if they weren't I'd bet there was political pressure brought to bear. 

Haven't seen the vid but have read that evidence was ignored. Also allegations that the retraction was in Greek sound bad for the Coppers though I'd question the foreign office response. I've always had the impression that non-rich people don't get any diplomatic help anyway so no real surprise there... 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NJS said:

It's a typical macho Mediterranean culture in Cyprus so I'm not surprised that the police weren't rape victim friendly. 

There's also a lot of construction investment at the moment from Egypt, Lebanon and Israel - my cynical side suggests I'd have a look to see if the lads were connected to that money. Even if they weren't I'd bet there was political pressure brought to bear. 

My first thought when I heard about it a while back was I bet the alleged perpetrators are rich 

18 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Yeah but there was a video doing the rounds that certainly didn't look like rape. Not that it's necessarily conclusive but still casts a lot of doubt on her claims.

Whoa, did you watch a potential rape video you sick sonofabitch?!