General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Can someone explain this...

https://www.bdonline.co.uk/news/grenfell-inquiry-to-resume-next-week-after-witnesses-get-guarantee-from-attorney-general/5104558.article

Especially in the light of this..

Basically can't witnesses be legally compelled to give evidence to a public enquiry? ...

Edited by PaddockLad

Flybe gone tits

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51746564

300 quid down the drain for me for flights over Easter. 

Lots of Mags booked on flights to Southampton this weekend struggling too...This is bad shit, it's likely to actually close the airports at Southampton, Exeter, Newquay, Birmingham & Belfast. 85% of flights from Southampton operated by them & 77% from Belfast. 

Hopefully whatever airlines remain will take over their routes? 

Also, someone should tell the bloke in that article (that lost his flight to Paris), how to look “gutted”, because he’s currently shite at it. :lol:

• Haha 1

It's not like airlines have a whole lot of excess capacity at the moment unless a deal is done quickly to buy Flybe's fleet and even then they used a lot of Bombardier and Embraer aircraft which aren't easy to integrate into your existing fleet if you use mostly Airbus and Boeing.

It's definitely going to be a big problem for regional businesses who rely on Flybe for transport, particularly here in Northern Ireland seeing as rail and road travel to GB isn't possible.

If only we had some sort of bridge linking us. :scratchchin: 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

It's not like airlines have a whole lot of excess capacity at the moment unless a deal is done quickly to buy Flybe's fleet and even then they used a lot of Bombardier and Embraer aircraft which aren't easy to integrate into your existing fleet if you use mostly Airbus and Boeing.

It's definitely going to be a big problem for regional businesses who rely on Flybe for transport, particularly here in Northern Ireland seeing as rail and road travel to GB isn't possible.

If only we had some sort of bridge linking us. :scratchchin: 

Thing is the easyJet & Ryanair planes are too big for most routes flybe operate. Those Bombsrdier prop driven things don’t seat more than about 100 people. Fuckin horrible noisey peices of shite but I’m certainly going to miss them. I can be sat in departures at Southampton  in about an hour from my place 35 miles away. It’s like getting on a bus if you’re organised. 

Edited by PaddockLad

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Thing is the easyJet & Ryanair planes are too big for most routes flybe operate. Those Bombsrdier prop driven things don’t seat more than about 100 people. Fuckin horrible noisey peices of shite but I’m certainly going to miss them. I can be sat in departures at Southampton  in about an hour from my place 35 miles away. It’s like getting on a bus if you’re organised. 

They seat about 80. I must’ve flown in one of them over 300 times. Like you say, well suited to short hops to smaller, regional airports. You get hoyed about when it’s windy like :lol:  

• Like 1

There have been people fighting over toilet roll for fucks sake. Imagine your idea of 2 weeks of quarantine being sat at home constantly shitting and washing your hands.

At least stockpile some cans or something. :lol: 

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

There have been people fighting over toilet roll for fucks sake. Imagine your idea of 2 weeks of quarantine being sat at home constantly shitting and washing your hands.

We survived two wars, I'm sure we can survive the 'Bog Roll Blitz', Tom. :good:

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Tom said:

toilet-paper-joke-2.jpg?w=374&h=284

• Haha 2

The toilet paper thing, I don’t get. At least there are alternative ways to clean your arse. It’s food and booze I’d be stockpiling if I were a bed-wetter. 

But I’m not because I’m cold as ice