Scottish Mag

General Random Conversation..

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Urgh. That's pretty shit.:(

Now would be a good time to win the lottery like.

I guessed they'd fucked up and was going to not use them but used most thinking they'd smell something fishy if I never used them all. I'm going to argue the toss when I get back and see what happens? I've nothing to lose.

Enough first world problems people...this is apocalyptic....if this is the shape of things to come it will see mass emigration from a western style democracy due to climate change....

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Those vegan steak bakes are absolutely fantastic.

I could fancy one, never did have a vegan sausage roll. (Actually I did but it was Milligan's. It was canny, like). :good:

It tastes exactly like a steak bake but “cleaner” and I imagine it’s better for you.

They’d sold out in Byker but I ended up going past Washington services so got two there. 

You cant be a fat bastard if it’s plants :smoke-1:

• Haha 1

Aldi do vegan pasties and sausage rolls now. Only had the latter but they’re canny nice 

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

I guessed they'd fucked up and was going to not use them but used most thinking they'd smell something fishy if I never used them all. I'm going to argue the toss when I get back and see what happens? I've nothing to lose.

Legally you have to have at least 28 holidays per holiday year so I’m not sure they can legally take them off you.

They may end up taking them out of your pay packet though...

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aldi do vegan pasties and sausage rolls now. Only had the latter but they’re canny nice 

Yeh I’ve had the sausage rolls and they were decent. Cheap too tbh

Will have to try the pasties :up: 

you still vegan, tom? 

i'm giving it another crack as part of my january detox. 

shame as i've got shitloads of lush cheese leftover from christmas sat in my fridge, which the kids won't appreciate half as much

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Legally you have to have at least 28 holidays per holiday year so I’m not sure they can legally take them off you.

They may end up taking them out of your pay packet though...

I should have the hours equivalent of 25 days plus 8 days in lieu for bank holidays so what I have now is still within the law. I'll still ask for my holidays back, mind. They've fucked up, not me.

43 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

you still vegan, tom? 

i'm giving it another crack as part of my january detox. 

shame as i've got shitloads of lush cheese leftover from christmas sat in my fridge, which the kids won't appreciate half as much

Yeh for a year. I’ve had a couple of slip ups but my diet was 99.9% vegan so I’ll forgive myself. I’m only doing it for health reasons anyway, anything else is a bonus. 

It’s getting far easier tbh. Major corporations have realised there’s a lot of money in it so it’s quite convenient these days.

For cheese these I thoroughly recommend these guys, it’s dear but when you’re talking cheese that’s par for the course. And it’s lush!

https://www.tynechease.com/

Yeh it’s made a massive difference . Basically I have a kidney missing from birth & that manifested itself in an acute form of gout - allowing them to spot the problem! 

They said it wasn’t anything to do with my diet at the time but Im finding it hard to believe that after a year of veganism. 

Started the year hammering the gym too and by the end of it I was even playing football every week. Turns out my “dodgy” knee was caused by the kidney and it’s absolutely fine now. :first: 

6 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Enough first world problems people...this is apocalyptic....if this is the shape of things to come it will see mass emigration from a western style democracy due to climate change....

Its mad like, we're more than 2000km away from Sydney here in Christchurch but New Years Day it was 29 degrees (not that odd for summer) but the sky was brown.

All the ash and smoke carrying over made the sunlight red, everything was sepia toned, one of my colleagues who lives outside the city had this view

5dlY6Zx.jpg

Rather than this one

BLwys8F.jpg

The glaciers in milford sound, at the very south of the country are being stained by the ash

1577942465329.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Nice one. I’m going to recommend going vegan to my mate who also suffers with gout. 

It’s an absolute no brainer like!

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Its mad like, we're more than 2000km away from Sydney here in Christchurch but New Years Day it was 29 degrees (not that odd for summer) but the sky was brown.

All the ash and smoke carrying over made the sunlight red, everything was sepia toned, one of my colleagues who lives outside the city had this view

5dlY6Zx.jpg

Rather than this one

BLwys8F.jpg

The glaciers in milford sound, at the very south of the country are being stained by the ash

1577942465329.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1

11 hours ago, Andrew said:

5dlY6Zx.jpg

Rather than this one

BLwys8F.jpg

1577942465329.jpg

So this is the time of year my Dad traditionally nearly dies. He collapsed yesterday and was taken to resuscitation at Cramlington, got a phone call, rushed there thinking he was dead. He's a tough old bugger  though and looks like he will pull through again. Pneumonia this time, and a seizure. Previously he has miraculously survived an abdominal aneurysm, a broken femur, and hospital acquired septicaemia. He's 86 now and I know one of these days that will be that. Also know we virtually all have to face it, but it's still hard isn't it?

Other than that I'm wiped out by being at hospital most last night (and he's still on a trolley btw), hate what my job has become, hate the house I bought which is a money pit and is now causing me financial problems, and have worsening anxiety and I suspect depression issues ad a result. Hoping this is just a midlife crisis tbh. Happy New Year!

• Like 2

Ah man Renton mate, you're going through a tough patch.  Dig in kid and hopefully things start to look up.

I have similar with my old man.  He's a similar age.  Hopefully he pulls through and tells you that you were being daft worrying like my old man does to me.

• Thanks 1

chin up mate, you always have your toontastic family to help lift your spirits. now, get a grip and stop your foul whining.