General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

3 hours ago, strawb said:

Hired a cabin at white cross bay, between Ambleside and Windermere. Not got a lot planned, few walks and some wine in the sun.

Nice. Have fun, mate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Aye :lol:

In fairness it’s a lovely pub but we didn’t see any  badgers. The house ale was weapons grade as well.

I was there a couple of years ago. Staying near there when we had that mental heatwave and the World Cup was on. People swimming in the lake and everything. It was in the low 30s Celsius. Seems like a long time ago now. 

Well we went in October so it was dark sharp anyway, however they did advertise when they’d be feeding the badgers and non appeared.

Its a strange place for wildlife round Ambleside/Rydal mind, you really don’t see a lot.

It’s quite busy though I guess. The lakes in general are good for red squirrels but I probably see more wildlife out the back of ours than I would in the lakes and I live about 5 mins walk from a metro station 

11 hours ago, Tom said:

Well we went in October so it was dark sharp anyway, however they did advertise when they’d be feeding the badgers and non appeared.

Its a strange place for wildlife round Ambleside/Rydal mind, you really don’t see a lot.

Mick Badger “ You had the scran at that place near Rydal?”

Fred Badger “ Aye mate- usual over-priced ‘artisan’ shite… couple of tarted-up carrots and they want you to put on a show for their punters. 
Fuck that noise”

Mick Badger “ Thank fuck, I thought I was being a bit, well, grumpy. 
Got any plans for winter?”

Fred Badger “ Nah, gonna eat like a taxi driver all autumn then kip until April- same old same old mate.”

Mick Badger “ Still a Toon fan?”

Fred Badger … *points at face 

• Haha 4

Following a “slightly” booze fuelled conversation about the best biscuits that you can’t get anymore with my sister-in-law a few days ago, a pack of Lemon Puffs arrived from amazon today. 

I married the wrong sister, didn’t I? :lol:

• Haha 2

At the start of COVID we decided to bite the bullet and take out a bank loan to have our garden landscaped. It’s a fairly big corner plot garden but on a steep slope and needs a hell of a lot of earth digging out and removing. The bill is into 5 figures but we figured we aren’t moving anywhere and it will be a nice space to spend Summer days with the bairn if holidays abroad are fucked for the foreseeable. The deposit is paid and the builders start on Monday. 

Then our dream house went up for sale yesterday. Got a viewing on Friday. Good chance I’m going to spend the next 3 years paying off a garden for someone else to enjoy. FML

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Can you not add it to the value of your house in the sale? What's the timeframe for them to complete work on it?

It may add a little bit but probably not the amount it’s cost. The hope is it sells the house a bit quicker.

The other option is someone else buys the other house before we sell ours and then we just stay and be miserable in our current, perfectly nice house. I’m aware these are absolutely first world problems btw