General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

The rumours were of it being closer to 200 quid. I've ordered the 16gb one in white for £299

Soooo...just nipped into town to have a look at one of these badboys....didnt actually make a complete arse of myself by asking one of the employees of EE, carphone, phones4u or 3 if they had one I could look at having realised pretty quickly that you can't actually "try before you buy". Who knew? :lol:

Got an upgrade in January, was thinking htc 1, but I do like having my music on the old google play cloud thingy, I expect its great for stuff like that?...is an htc really worth £100+ more?...

Edited by PaddockLad

They're the best phones by a mile for the money though you'll have no real gripes about the use of it or whatever

Exactly.

iphones are for any people that have or desire personalised license plates, on whatever car they have.

HTC, Samsung etc are for the less daft people that trade in their car every few years for the latest brand new model.

Nexus is for the most sensible people who get their car second hand a little later with all of the benefits at a fraction of the cost.

Well i wouldn't put it like that tbh, my iPhone/HTC is nicer than a nexus and i earn enough that a £200 price difference over a 2year ownership period isn't an outlay i'm worried about.

It's like saying someones daft buying an audi a3 for an extra couple of grand over a golf.

One thing andorids really really do lack that apple have nailed down is a decent backup/restore functionality, that's one thing apple does have over the rest because it's a standardised locked down phone they have it all tided up to do things well and in the same way.

because theres google editions, sense editions, touchwize etc you simply can't plug the phone into your pc and back the thing up to a central file/restore it, you've to get third party apps and go through another process.

What does android not back up? I don't need to plug my phone in to back it up at all. My Google account knows all my apps, appointments, contracts etc. Takes seconds to have them set up on a new phone or tablet from the cloud. Only thing I can think you might lose is texts. So there you need a third party app like mighty text.