General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Christ, what an eventful couple of weeks. Hope all goes well on the 14th Stevie. I anaesthetised people for brain surgery last year so if there's anything I can help you with just ask.

Thanks a lot mate. I've got loads of support from all sorts of people, and I must've asked the surgeons 20 questions about the procedure. One thing they're very vague about regarding my future is, I'll lose some short term memory but they refused to say how much, obviously without seeing the size etc..you're unable to answer this but anything added on to what I know already will be a bonus. I'm praying I don't end up like a goldfish, although they assure me my long term memory will be completely unaffected.

They'll put me in the high dependency unit for 2 or 3 days after the Op which would take me up to the 16th or 17th. So I'll either be in the normal ward on the Saturday or the Sunday. This is a serious question no one has been able to answer me. Is there anyway of sneaking out so I can go and watch the match in The Trent House for two hours, or better still do the hospital potentially do Sky? Pathetic I know but I really don't want to miss the match, and the worst thing is you can see SJP from my ward.

Have you got a laptop or a tablet or owt Stevie? You can use Sky Go and watch it on there.

Plenty fuckin tablets at the minute, they've got me sleeping 13 and 14 hours at a time. No I haven't sadly Tom, I'm just going to sneak out to The Trent if I can get away with it.

My proud Yorkshire lass just erupted because there's apparently "Lancashire Tea". She's ready to go all "War of the Roses II" up in here

Its crap, Yorkshire tea is far better tbh.

Plenty fuckin tablets at the minute, they've got me sleeping 13 and 14 hours at a time. No I haven't sadly Tom, I'm just going to sneak out to The Trent if I can get away with it.

Sorry mate :lol:

What kind of phone have you got? Might be able to watch it on there.

Even just your phone. Or your tweeting machine as you no doubt think of it. ;)

It's like a wheelchair my latest blackberry. Tweeting machine? I'm a 20 tweet a day man, unlike some. That freak cognoscentinovo or the Karate kid as I call him tweets 300 times a day, all pish too.

Sorry mate :lol:

What kind of phone have you got? Might be able to watch it on there.

Latest Blackberry but its time I drew the line and accepted I need an Iphone I think.

Latest Blackberry but its time I drew the line and accepted I need an Iphone I think.

Aye - probably!

If you can come up with a device I should be able to borrow you a Sky login to watch it on. :up:

If not you'll have to sneak out to the trent :lol:

Good Lass :D

Lancashire tea pffft

Its crap, Yorkshire tea is far better tbh.

Mentioned it on Twitter and got this

Fair play to them, but I wouldn't dare bring any of it to our house...

Serious offer: you can borrow my iPad while you're in hospital. You can't be sneaking out to the trent after brain surgery ffs! You'll be like Basil Fawlty when the moose fell on his head.

Someone else will have to provide the Sky Go login though, I don't have Sky.

Serious offer: you can borrow my iPad while you're in hospital. You can't be sneaking out to the trent after brain surgery ffs! You'll be like Basil Fawlty when the moose fell on his head.

Someone else will have to provide the Sky Go login though, I don't have Sky.

That's an unbelievable offer. Give me till Monday/Tuesday, because I might just accept that offer. Lovely offer that Gemmill, but you'll probably have to come in and get it if I can't even remember me own name! According to me fatha, you can get Sky in the hospital for a 10a for 24 hours, and I might take that up, but me fatha's info is about as reliable as my cock at the minute.

Thanks a lot mate. I've got loads of support from all sorts of people, and I must've asked the surgeons 20 questions about the procedure. One thing they're very vague about regarding my future is, I'll lose some short term memory but they refused to say how much, obviously without seeing the size etc..you're unable to answer this but anything added on to what I know already will be a bonus. I'm praying I don't end up like a goldfish, although they assure me my long term memory will be completely unaffected.

They'll put me in the high dependency unit for 2 or 3 days after the Op which would take me up to the 16th or 17th. So I'll either be in the normal ward on the Saturday or the Sunday. This is a serious question no one has been able to answer me. Is there anyway of sneaking out so I can go and watch the match in The Trent House for two hours, or better still do the hospital potentially do Sky? Pathetic I know but I really don't want to miss the match, and the worst thing is you can see SJP from my ward.

I appreciate it must be really frustrating about vague answers. It will be frustrating for them not being able to give them to you too, they're not trying to fob you off or keep you in the dark, it's just that a lot of these things are so difficult to quantify. Obviously I can't give you any more of an idea than they already have done. As others have said, take comfort from the fact that the people looking after you are experts in their field and really know what they're doing. Have they said anything about how they're doing it, ie will you need to be awake while they do it?

And if your surgeon is a woman - despite this being the 21st century, surgery is still very much a male dominated profession, and women who make it to consultant have to smash through many a glass ceiling by proving themselves as excellent clinicians. Add this to the fact that neurosurgery is fiercely, fiercely competitive you can take it as read that your surgeon will be shit hot.

As to nipping to for the football - I wouldn't bank on it. Unless you're basically fit enough to go home they won't be keen to let you leave the hospital. I've no idea what the facilities are like up there re Sky, but there's always Sky Go?

That's an unbelievable offer. Give me till Monday/Tuesday, because I might just accept that offer. Lovely offer that Gemmill, but you'll probably have to come in and get it if I can't even remember me own name! According to me fatha, you can get Sky in the hospital for a 10a for 24 hours, and I might take that up, but me fatha's info is about as reliable as my cock at the minute.

And I'll be along for that 20 I lent you last week.

Not sure about the RVI but we don't have wifi at the QE. If they had wifi then no-one would need to use the scandalously priced TV service.

Will be thinking of you Stevie. You can put me on the list of people that are happy to help with advice/practical stuff if you need anything.

Looks like the iPad might be pointless then! Let me know what you find out though, it's still there if they've got wireless.

What Cath says makes sense though, when I was in at Wansbeck i took it and there was nowt to connect it to. I can't remember if the pay tv thing had sky sports on though.

After brain surgery the absolute last thing you need is watching the Toon whether live, in a bar or on an i-pad! :lol:

news_sm.jpg

"Well he seemed ok after the first couple of days but then he started to watch the match on Gemmill's i-pad, soon his face started twitching, he started swearing profusely and he went red when Alan Pardew put Obertan and Dummett on after only twenty minutes as Newcastle took a 16th minute lead and he wanted to hold onto a win for Mike."