General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

:lol: yeah Whitburn is nice. Seaburn not so much, and before you know it your in shitsville.

Been getting out on my bike a bit along the Tyne in the bits you're on about. Is it Newburn? Then Wylam, along to Corbridge etc, and you're right it would be a nice place to live along there.

I lived in South Shields mostly, but Whitburn for about a year. We moved into this nice house on the seafront and within 6 months my mam and dad were getting divorced. Sounds like it saved me from a mackem accent!

Although I subsequently lived in Sunderland and avoided one. Was going to school in Newcastle the whole time, which probably helped.

Posh Kid (not that it was in much doubt) :lol:

:lol: yeah Whitburn is nice. Seaburn not so much, and before you know it your in shitsville.

Been getting out on my bike a bit along the Tyne in the bits you're on about. Is it Newburn? Then Wylam, along to Corbridge etc, and you're right it would be a nice place to live along there.

More than welcome to join us on our charity bike ride in May/June. I'll be completely fucked from next week till January, nee exaggeration, I'll be like half the depressed cunts that used to come on Newcastle Online. I won't be well, but my strength will come back next year.

We're doing a big charity bike ride. Toon-Willington Quay Crossing-South Shields-Sunderland(spitting on the ground lots)-Chester Le Street-Stanley-Consett-Hexham-Wylam(sponsored pint and celebration)-Toon. It's about 85 miles. At the peak of my fitness I used to do it four and five times a year. Takes me ages 8-9hours but you get such a buzz from achieving it. Going to try and raise money and get loads of people to do it.

Aye I'd be up for that definitely, cheers! Sounds like a monster. :lol: I did the great north bike ride a few weeks back which was 57 mile so should be able to build up to another 30 between now and then.

As the details get sorted, let me know, but definitely stick me on the list cheers.

I'd be tempted to have a go as well.

I don't cycle mind but I run - how different is it? If I can run say 5 mile comfortably - how much harder would 80 on a bike be?

I mean 85 mile is a canny bit of a bigger ask than 5 mile, so you'd need to have done some working up to it I would say, but it's not beyond anyone with a bit of fitness in them.

I mentioned a job dilemma a couple of months ago (in fact it was June) which in the end turned into a double pisser - contract disappeared and I had two more interviews at Barclays down to the last two people before getting overlooked. I've had a few interviews since then including one which was just awaiting the HR stage which is usually a rubber stamp which then went on indefinite hold. Money has been running out and October was going to be the last month I could afford all the DDs before I'd have to start selling stuff etc.

Anyway fuck all that - I've just accepted a job offer starting next week - thank the fucking Lord.

I mentioned a job dilemma a couple of months ago (in fact it was June) which in the end turned into a double pisser - contract disappeared and I had two more interviews at Barclays down to the last two people before getting overlooked. I've had a few interviews since then including one which was just awaiting the HR stage which is usually a rubber stamp which then went on indefinite hold. Money has been running out and October was going to be the last month I could afford all the DDs before I'd have to start selling stuff etc.Anyway fuck all that - I've just accepted a job offer starting next week - thank the fucking Lord.

Nice one man good luck.

I mentioned a job dilemma a couple of months ago (in fact it was June) which in the end turned into a double pisser - contract disappeared and I had two more interviews at Barclays down to the last two people before getting overlooked. I've had a few interviews since then including one which was just awaiting the HR stage which is usually a rubber stamp which then went on indefinite hold. Money has been running out and October was going to be the last month I could afford all the DDs before I'd have to start selling stuff etc.

Anyway fuck all that - I've just accepted a job offer starting next week - thank the fucking Lord.

Well done. :)

(although in a year or two you'll be fucking sick of the place and smiling at your post). ;)