General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

:lol: He'll still be reading though, so I'm not sure of A) what he's getting from it, ii) what we're missing and 3) who he's bothering in the meantime?

One for @Parky this, but apparently Kim Jong-un has been missing from the public eye for a month and it's lead to speculation that he's been the target of a coup. It'd be interesting to see if this is measures taken by China to remove instability on their doorstep, or if it's the states looking to install a preferred regime?

(http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/kim-jongun-missing-north-korean-leader-could-have-fled-after-attempted-coup-9785145.html)

Edited by The Fish

:lol: I love it when people do that. Flids.

It's honestly because if you do a, b, c, with brackets, the B gets turned into B) by the interwebmagicks

The place doesn't really miss CT & never will. A bit more bandwidth is probably used merely in CT talking utter shite and then a plethora of people calling him an idiot.

Hopefully he goes back to N-O :up:

The place doesn't really miss CT & never will. A bit more bandwidth is probably used merely in CT talking utter shite and then a plethora of people calling him an idiot.

Hopefully he goes back to N-O :up:

Can he? Thought he got banned or was that only a temporary one and he took the huff like here?

Can he? Thought he got banned or was that only a temporary one and he took the huff like here?

No idea! If not maybe skunkers or Ready to Go will have him, Mumsnet, Gardeners Weekly, Temporary Hobbyist, anywhere!

i could check, i just don't care enough to do it , lol far too busy anyway

i haven't even read the football gossip on the bbc this week :huff:

Understandable, what would be the point? Even if we are to buy in January, we tend to keep things close to our chest until the business is done.

Just read The Fish's jock player who is suffering from mental health issues post. His attempts to kill himself etc... Now they say 1 in 3 people often suffer from depression. I'd say I did for a few months in my early 20s purely drug related though. I haven't done any massively harmful drug for 12 years. The worst thing that should make anyone depressed though is being told there's every chance they'll die in the relatively near future which I have been told. I don't know if there is a mental health issue involved, but I've known I'm in serious trouble for 3 months now, and I've not felt down in the dumps once. I feel positive, possibly even more positive than before. A lot of people seem to mention this highs and lows thing in the face of serious incidents and depressions, but I can't stop saying oh well fuck it, don't get down I just hope there's not a depression around the corner.

Just read The Fish's jock player who is suffering from mental health issues post. His attempts to kill himself etc... Now they say 1 in 3 people often suffer from depression. I'd say I did for a few months in my early 20s purely drug related though. I haven't done any massively harmful drug for 12 years. The worst thing that should make anyone depressed though is being told there's every chance they'll die in the relatively near future which I have been told. I don't know if there is a mental health issue involved, but I've known I'm in serious trouble for 3 months now, and I've not felt down in the dumps once. I feel positive, possibly even more positive than before. A lot of people seem to mention this highs and lows thing in the face of serious incidents and depressions, but I can't stop saying oh well fuck it, don't get down I just hope there's not a depression around the corner.

Glad you're getting on with it, Stevie and you're keeping your spirits high. This is Stevie coping just fine without the bevy though.

http://www.jibjab.com/view/TWWNYdHdQgyW1ZN6UrIl5g?mt=1

Woman finds three-inch leech in nose after South East Asia trip

A backpacker found a 3in (7.5cm) long leech living up her nose after returning from South East Asia.

Daniela Liverani, 24, from Edinburgh, had been having nosebleeds for weeks but put them down to a burst blood vessel from a motorbike crash.

Ms Liverani was having a shower last Thursday when she was realised the dark shape wriggling in her nose was actually an animal.

Hospital staff used forceps and tweezers to remove the parasite.

Ms Liverani believes she picked up the leech in Vietnam or Cambodia, but even when she felt it moving up and down her nostril, she thought it was a blood clot.

She told BBC Radio Scotland: "Your initial reaction isn't to start thinking, oh God, there's obviously a leech in my face."

'Little ridges'

It was when Ms Liverani was in the shower that the leech's presence was most noticeable.

She said: "Obviously my nasal passages would open up because of the steam and the heat and the water, and it would come out quite far, about as far as my lip.

"So I could kind of see it out of the corner of my eye but still didn't think it was a worm because it just looked like a blood clot.

"On Thursday I jumped out the shower and I unsteamed the mirror and I had a proper good look, and I could see little ridges on him."

That was the moment when Ms Liverani realised she was housing a parasite.

'Strange situation'

She went to accident and emergency where doctors removed "Mr Curly" - as Ms Liverani nicknamed the leech - with forceps and tweezers.

"The doctors did a great job, hats off to them, because obviously they don't see something like that every day", she added.

"They did what they could in a strange situation while trying to keep their cool."

Ms Liverani then took the leech home for the night, at the doctors' suggestion. However, Mr Curly did not live to see another day.

"He's in an Edinburgh City Council bin," said Ms Liverani. "He's probably long gone by now. I boiled him first."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29595164

Heard about this on the radio on the way into work. :puke:

California has been gripped by a spate of clowns chasing people late at night, with police vowing to make arrests and declaring "we want this to stop."

The inherent creepiness of clowns was pushed back into the spotlight this week when TV drama American Horror Story returned with a freak-show themed season filled with nightmarish NSFW clowns.

Concurrently, a clown in the city of Wasco began posting pictures of himself in public spaces late at night with smeared face paint and balloons on Instagram and Facebook, attracting thousands of terrified/delighted followers.

At this point it was all harmless fun – there's no law against dressing as a clown and the photos seemed to be part of a husband and wife art project – but now copycats have popped up in nearby Bakersfield, with city police reporting 16 sightings as of mid-Friday.

Initially there were rumours that one was armed with an axe at Golden Valley High School, though the principal told local media these reports were false, but another was arrested for chasing other teens (albeit unarmed).

"We will make arrests on this," said Sgt. Joseph Grubbs. "We want this to stop."

The teenager arrested admitted that he pulled the stunt to perpetuate an internet hoax.

So far no-one has been harmed by any clowns, though the children chased were left "visibly shaken".

While the copycats are cause for concern, Wasco is enjoying the nationwide attention brought by its original clown, with The Inquisitr reporting that kindergarten students are even drawing pictures of him.

Good job their faces were painted white, otherwise they'd all be dead.

Or in a photo with David Cameron.

I'm not sure which fate is worse