General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

The mathematical proportions of the Great Pyramid can be related in many ways to the proportions of the earth, around the circumference, the equator, the latitudinal circumference of the earth etc.

This makes sense actually based on traditional mythology. Historical understanding says that it is a representation of the earth and they built it in alignment with many of earth's features.

The same geometry can be seen in Angkor Wat and Teotihuacan. But doesnt matter about the geometry. We have pyramids all over the planet which have never been connected by any historical narrative. Meaning we are clueless.

I think the pyramids are great because they gently nibble at the certainties of traditional human histories.

Well, I wasn't convinced at all until I saw this website from 1992.

But now,

3fd.jpg

Joking aside, Trooper, do you honestly believe advanced Aliens came to Earth, built some pyramids, then fucked off forever?

Edited by The Fish

The mathematical proportions of the Great Pyramid can be related in many ways to the proportions of the earth, around the circumference, the equator, the latitudinal circumference of the earth etc.

This makes sense actually based on traditional mythology. Historical understanding says that it is a representation of the earth and they built it in alignment with many of earth's features.

The same geometry can be seen in Angkor Wat and Teotihuacan. But doesnt matter about the geometry. We have pyramids all over the planet which have never been connected by any historical narrative. Meaning we are clueless.

I think the pyramids are great because they gently nibble at the certainties of traditional human histories.

Yup. A lot of our history has been tampered with.

The theory Trooper is bleating on about, for those that are interested, is that the Nile is an analog for the Milky Way, with the relative orientation of Orion's Belt to the Milky Way being analogous to the alignment of the Giza pyramids with the Nile as at 10,000BC. It is complete bullshit. I've read Bauval and Hancock's books. They are complete nonsense.

The crux of the argument is an explanation for the construction of the pyramids based upon an argument from ignorance, like every other conspiracy theory involving ancient structures.

Trooper you're arguing with someone who has read the books you're quoting this shit from. They're crap. Much like your space-Noah 'article'.

Conspiracy bullshit is in no way reserved for pyramid structures by the way Chez. Every pre-historic structure that's ever existed has a nonsense story about aliens, or whatever, attached. That doesn't add credence, or highlight uncertainties in the historical record, it highlights the unimaginativeness of human attempts to explain things they don't understand with magic. It's the 'God of the gaps' argument applied, with a 'pick your own God' module added in for whackos.

I think they do highlight uncertainties. How did 4 separate cultures with no communication between them (the prevailing historical narrative) come up with building Pyramids independently of each other?

There are gaps in our understanding and their very presence as monuments on earth flag those gaps.

Pyramids were the only way ancient civilizations could build relatively tall buildings, hardly suprising they are omnipresent in earlier times. I'd consider the lack of any other evidence of technologically advanced civilization much more telling.

Well, I wasn't convinced at all until I saw this website from 1992.

But now,

3fd.jpg

Joking aside, Trooper, do you honestly believe advanced Aliens came to Earth, built some pyramids, then fucked off forever?

Maybe's that was their calling card whose to say we won't find other pyramids on the other planets a bit like the monolith in 2001 a space oddesy

Pyramids were the only way ancient civilizations could build relatively tall buildings, hardly suprising they are omnipresent in earlier times. I'd consider the lack of any other evidence of technologically advanced civilization much more telling.

No no. There's lots of ways to stack shit on top of other shit. Haven't you seen the brilliant polyhedral stacks of apples at the supermarket.

Are you suggesting that credible research supports the contention that the Sphinx is 12,500 years old? I'd love to see it please.

Older than the prevailing narrative says it is.

And 'evidence' is just information that supports a theory, so yes there is 'evidence'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphinx_water_erosion_hypothesis#cite_note-Coxill_.281998.29-16

So...You read a couple of books yeah? :lol:

Probably more than you to be fair. The last time I asked for some sources from you Parky I got a bunch of blog posts from fellow crackpots.

But I'm a youngun' because that's a legitimate argument to lean upon when you've got fuck all else to go to.

:lol: What utter shite. Until the invention of the combustion engine in the early dark ages meant we could build horizontal castles?

Fuck off.

Older than the prevailing narrative says it is.

And 'evidence' is just information that supports a theory, so yes there is 'evidence'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphinx_water_erosion_hypothesis#cite_note-Coxill_.281998.29-16

I'm not even going to bother with a Wikipedia link. Sorry.

You're right about evidence in that it can be subjective. It's why I asked for something credible. Not a Wikipedia link.

Edited by toonotl

Probably more than you to be fair. The last time I asked for some sources from you Parky I got a bunch of blog posts from fellow crackpots.

But I'm a youngun' because that's a legitimate argument to lean upon when you've got fuck all else to go to.

Why are you so aggressive toward others in this thread? It's just a bit of chit chat bro.