General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Who said there aren't any gaps in our historical understanding? Of course there are. Talk about a strawman argument.

Thats all i said - that they point to the lack of a full narrative.

Renton thinks that pyramids were the only way to build large structures and therefore they dont.

I would argue that because they have precision engineering in them that requires complex astronomical understanding, this upsets the normal way we tell human history.

http://www.americanscientist.org/issues/pub/2004/9/astronomy-and-the-great-pyramid/3

Edited by ChezGiven

Whether it's Erich von Däniken or Alan Pardew it just goes to show even someone like Chez can have the wool pulled over their eyes.

Have a read of that science journal. There are open questions left in this world - Alan Pardew being another one.

Thats all i said - that they point to the lack of a full narrative.

Renton thinks that pyramids were the only way to build large structures and therefore they dont.

Hold on, I never mentioned anything about a "narrative". I merely suggested it's not surprising several ancient civilizations adopted pyramid designs for their most prominent buildings for OBVIOUS reasons.

You then got all uppity and started wibbling on about the sneering orthodoxy. :lol:

So anyway, what's your point? Are you alluding to extra-terrestrial intervention or what?

Hold on, I never mentioned anything about a "narrative". I merely suggested it's not surprising several ancient civilizations adopted pyramid designs for their most prominent buildings for OBVIOUS reasons.

You then got all uppity and started wibbling on about the sneering orthodoxy. :lol:

So anyway, what's your point? Are you alluding to extra-terrestrial intervention or what?

You do like to sneer at things, it comes over quite obviously.

Its really clear what i think, i've said it twice already. There are clearly some gaps in our understanding, we still dont know how they even build the fuckers (the article which toonotl posted was another theory) and we still dont know how they managed some of the astronomical alignment with such precision.

Possible explanations are not why i replied to this thread. The fact that you hate religions yet seem so desperate to swallow the linear narrative of the judaeo-christian world is interesting. Maybe the pyramids were built by Nubians? Maybe they also traveled around the world? Who knows. Pre-history is just that, before our knowledge.

Also - why is building an enormous, utterly ridiculously sized triangular building that serves no other purpose (except to connect people on earth with the stars as per Egypt, Cambodia and Mexico) an OBVIOUS thing to do?

If its that OBVIOUS why aren't they everywhere? We were populated in 2500 BC, why not one on the British Isles. Why didn't everyone build one if its just the OBVIOUS thing to do with your pre-historical day? Why are they all about gods and stars?

The OBVIOUS argument isn't.

You do like to sneer at things, it comes over quite obviously.

Its really clear what i think, i've said it twice already. There are clearly some gaps in our understanding, we still dont know how they even build the fuckers (the article which toonotl posted was another theory) and we still dont know how they managed some of the astronomical alignment with such precision.

Possible explanations are not why i replied to this thread. The fact that you hate religions yet seem so desperate to swallow the linear narrative of the judaeo-christian world is interesting. Maybe the pyramids were built by Nubians? Maybe they also traveled around the world? Who knows. Pre-history is just that, before our knowledge.

:lol:

So when you said sneering orthodoxy, you actually were referring to me? Charming. :D

And now you're wibbling on about my dislike of religion (true) and me buying the linear narrative of the judo-christian world whilst adding nothing else to explain your position other than mention of "nubians".

Righto.......

Also - why is building an enormous, utterly ridiculously sized triangular building that serves no other purpose (except to connect people on earth with the stars as per Egypt, Cambodia and Mexico) an OBVIOUS thing to do?

If its that OBVIOUS why aren't they everywhere? We were populated in 2500 BC, why not one on the British Isles. Why didn't everyone build one if its just the OBVIOUS thing to do with your pre-historical day? Why are they all about gods and stars?

Shit Renton, you're for it now, he's bust out the capslock...

;)

The logic of this post is lost on me. Pyramids aren't seen in every ancient culture so that proves what exactly?

Really can't be arsed to pursue this idiocy on y phone (which is why I have to emphasise with caps incidentally). I'll assume you're having an off day.