General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Well my "vacation" has truly fucked my expenses. Two days off the coast snorkeling and diving resulted in the worst sunburn I have ever experienced.

After making it home, the next day I collapsed and was driven to the hospital. My core temperature was bordering on 102 degrees! Sun poisoning. Three night bill awaits me. 

The family's lawyer, barbara findlay, who chooses to spell her name without capital letters,

:spit: 

What a fucking oddity.

Feel for the kid, it's parent is trying to make a stand, fair enough, but is inviting a world of confusion, isolation, and attention on a kid that hasn't chosen it. Which is, for me, a far greater imposition than permitting the gender designation shortcut at the beginning of it's life based on its genitalia. 

I mean, should the kid be born with a penis and later feel more feminine or gender-neutral, I'm assuming it will have grown up in an environment that is supporting of that path. And the gender on it's documents won't be the biggest issue it faces. Also, were it to feel changing the gender on its documents is necessary, it is fortunate to have a parent who's been through it.

Edited by The Fish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

What a bunch of knackers, or cunts, or both, or neither.

:lol:

they'll all be like this in ten years anyway.  trail-blazer tbh. B) 

Sent an 11 page long letter dismantling and pointing out all of the contradictions and inconsistencies of the 70-odd page investigation pack against me yesterday. I've fucking torn it to shreds and still think they'll try and sack me anyway. Been applying elsewhere whilst I've been suspended, been invited to a stage 1 skills test at Nissan so there's that to fall back on. 20 mile commute as opposed to 200 metres though

If there's a 70 page investigation against you then it looks like they certainly want rid of you. Probably best to cut your losses and go with something else if it comes up. Resignation looks much better on a CV than dismissal.

Just now, ewerk said:

If there's a 70 page investigation against you then it looks like they certainly want rid of you. Probably best to cut your losses and go with something else if it comes up. Resignation looks much better on a CV than dismissal.

Aye I'll be off anyway given the chance, I'm taking these lot the whole way though because their case against me is bullshit.

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Sent an 11 page long letter dismantling and pointing out all of the contradictions and inconsistencies of the 70-odd page investigation pack against me yesterday. I've fucking torn it to shreds and still think they'll try and sack me anyway. Been applying elsewhere whilst I've been suspended, been invited to a stage 1 skills test at Nissan so there's that to fall back on. 20 mile commute as opposed to 200 metres though

The commute isn't necessarily a bad thing. Working at the end of your street means you spend 90% of your life in the same 1000 square metres which is just weird 

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

The commute isn't necessarily a bad thing. Working at the end of your street means you spend 90% of your life in the same 1000 square metres which is just weird 

:lol: aye I can hear the place on a night sometimes, can't see it though because there's some allotments and loads of trees behind the house. Commuting in the 350z would be a tenner a day though, it'd break me having to sell it so soon

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Aye I'll be off anyway given the chance, I'm taking these lot the whole way though because their case against me is bullshit.

Yeah but if it doesn't go your way then they can say that you were sacked when asked for a reference which would greatly reduce your chance of getting a decent job next. Whereas if you resign before any investigation is concluded then they can't mention it in your reference.

Just now, ewerk said:

Yeah but if it doesn't go your way then they can say that you were sacked when asked for a reference which would greatly reduce your chance of getting a decent job next. Whereas if you resign before any investigation is concluded then they can't mention it in your reference.

My hearing is today so a bit late. Honestly the case they've got against me is so weak I'm happy to take them on. There was a number of people present throughout, all of their statements contradict each other. Their allegations are all vague and they fail to substantiate any of them. 

On the balance of things, I can see your point. However, if they've gone to the trouble of compiling a 70 page report, then have to say, inclined to agree with ewerk. They'll probably sack you whether they have a case or not, irrespective of what you say. You could push for unfair dismissal once they have, and argue the points that way, but still.

What was it you did again?