General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I always thought that Millisle was a staggered junction to pass through. I'm not sure why anyone who wasn't brought up there would show any interest in the place. Though if you've spent the last few years living in mackemland I'm guessing that anywhere is an improvement.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ant said:

@Howmanheyman

Millilse, Ards (as @catmag knows) and DirtyD (donaghdee) are places  which i have a particular hate for considering the amount of times I end up playing football there against some utter wankers.

Last season i got changed in changing rooms with "murals" on them, marked god knows how many tattooed up idiots, and was told to "remember where i was", which went down hill swiftly when the winger standing behind me went "derry park?" instead of londonderry park, and another lad said "some shitehole in ards"....

i'm not too far away from Abbeycentre :lol: 5mins down the road tbh

congrats on the wedding @McFaul

Fun Ulster fact of the day :) 

I used to work with a lad who played in goal for Ards, and Linfield iirc, Andy Macdonald. He held the distinction of being coached by two ex NUFC players, Willie McFaul and Tommy Wringht :good: 

22 hours ago, McFaul said:

Thanks a lot mate.  Love her to bits, she may work at STH like you when she gets her doctorate in a few years.

Been with the wife nearly 4 years, and she's saved my life, it's all good. Next week we're moving in to a stunning place in Westoe Crown so I can't moan too much anything really.  They've only been up 10 years and we face the beach.

Thanks Alex too.  Had my latest brain tumour tube day yesterday. 40 minutes down a tube.  Can't grumble though because I'm still defeating the odds for now at least.  Hope everything is hunky dory for you too.

Congratulations, mate

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Fun Ulster fact of the day :) 

I used to work with a lad who played in goal for Ards, and Linfield iirc, Andy Macdonald. He held the distinction of being coached by two ex NUFC players, Willie McFaul and Tommy Wringht :good: 

I pissed next to Tommy Wright's dad and brothers at Villa Park once. 

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:47 PM, NJS said:

Just around the corner from where I used to live - you'll have living on the site of an old mine in common with SAFC now Stevie :)

Congrats on the wedding.

We live up Horsley Hill at the minute, it's no Darras Hall, but it's no Elswick too. The new place is a God send. Steph's cousin owns it, and is allowing us to have it for 4 years at a much cheaper rate than she'd charge anyone else. Never thought I'd say it but I like living down here.

Edited by McFaul

Mate works for the BBC, he was called in to cover a bloke who was sick. He's had to watch the Women's Lacrosse world cup. Where the Welsh Assistant Manager is called "Remington Steele", which is bad enough, but when you discover "Remington Steele" was an 80s tv drama starring Pierce Brosnan, it makes it all the worse.

17 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Mate invited me out tonight and the lightweight shite felt sick after about 4 pints. He apologetically handed me the remainder of the gram he'd just paid 100 quid for and left. Resulting in me and a stranger having a heart to heart for about 3 hours :lol: love random nights 

Cocaine will do wonders for your anxiety

13 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Mate works for the BBC, he was called in to cover a bloke who was sick. He's had to watch the Women's Lacrosse world cup. Where the Welsh Assistant Manager is called "Remington Steele", which is bad enough, but when you discover "Remington Steele" was an 80s tv drama starring Pierce Brosnan, it makes it all the worse.

I don't want to live in a world where people have to discover what Remington Steele was. 

geKMpXh.jpg

B) 

17 hours ago, adios said:

I don't want to live in a world where people have to discover what Remington Steele was. 

B) 

In my defence I was too young for that show.

Looks amazing though.

16 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I'm waiting for a review of his watch from Parky. 

It's a Cartier, there's only one person camp enough to wear one of those around here, no not you Martin.

22 hours ago, The Fish said:

Discover?

My Mam used to watch it. It was about a women being an crime detective/author using the pen name Remington Steele and Brosnan pretending to be Steele. It was as shit as it sounds tbh. :D