General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Sky Jeanette

Wall-Edith

I'm going to stop now.

You can't dedicate your life to comedy and suddenly stop because a thread on a forum isn't going your way.

16 hours ago, Tom said:

You can't dedicate your life to comedy and suddenly stop because a thread on a forum isn't going your way.

It was time to take the stabilisers off and let you ride free. I can't hold your shoulders and guide your way forever Thomas.

There's a bunch of people in the office in fancy dress. Whole teams looking like animals, or superheroes, or whatever. Apparently one team is bedecked in a "Castaway" theme. 

Pretty discomfiting seeing three bees sat around a meeting room table trying to look serious about their projects and targets.

Luckily my department have not taken part.

Fancy dress at social events is bad enough, but at the office? :lol:

Edited by The Fish

47 minutes ago, The Fish said:

There's a bunch of people in the office in fancy dress. Whole teams looking like animals, or superheroes, or whatever. Apparently one team is bedecked in a "Castaway" theme. 

Pretty discomfiting seeing three bees sat around a meeting room table trying to look serious about their projects and targets.

Luckily my department have not taken part.

Fancy dress at social events is bad enough, but at the office? :lol:

You should have a jar of honey costume for the 3 bees

Well the DWP womans been & gone basically she went through all the form we'd sent away a month ago i assured her if i'd been trying it one the last thing i would have pretended was to have had a stroke. It's now a case of wait & see, she writes a report the DWP look at my forms z& then someone makes a decision. I had to go all the way through the toioet stuff even though i'd told her it's a paraplegic bungalow with a wet room extra wide doors etc .

On both trips to Barcelona for Newcastle matches I saw the civil guard or whatever they're called use batons again random fans who were just walking along doing nowt.

Cowards and from what I've read very much part of the Franco/fascist past of Spain. 

Anyone live on the north Tyneside coast? When did those 5 new turbines near Blyth go up? They're fucking huge, must be over 200 metres tall, maybe more. I mean its one thing for those peasents from Blyth or Seaton Sluice, but these things are so big they're an eye sore even from Tynemouth. :razz:

Apparently can power 33,000 houses. If it's windy enough. And not too windy. :unsure:

9 hours ago, Renton said:

Anyone live on the north Tyneside coast? When did those 5 new turbines near Blyth go up? They're fucking huge, must be over 200 metres tall, maybe more. I mean its one thing for those peasents from Blyth or Seaton Sluice, but these things are so big they're an eye sore even from Tynemouth. :razz:

Apparently can power 33,000 houses. If it's windy enough. And not too windy. :unsure:

I'll ask my peasanty parents for you. <_< 

10 hours ago, Renton said:

From my peasanty Dad

Turbines went up in last week - they are part of the major changes within Blyth harbour - influx of hi tech companies operating in the sub sea sector - big international training programme for apprentices in that industry - ROVs (remote operating vehicles), pipe laying, sub sea scanning, etc.     The big tower at sea is a research facility tracking wind and wave power - it is linked to the new turbines which will produce enough electricity for 30,000 homes.

Blyth is also where the subsea cable arrives from Norway carrying Hydro electricity into our grid (well, is supposed to but BREXIT.....?)

"pipe laying" :pmsl:

Edited by The Fish