General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

4 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Troops you increased your drinking lately mate?

No whys that mate ? btw Carraghers dropped from tonights Stoke v Man City game 

On 12/03/2018 at 15:36, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Consider it done. Got another Saturday delivery sorted due to my incredible strength and charisma.

They tried again today :lol: Here, someone take me to Durham so I can pick the fucker up and proceed to lace every single employee.

Recently got my latest brain scan results in and the cancer is still not spreading.  I've got 17 months to go before I reach the end of year 5 without being dead.  Given there are four grades of brain tumour and mine is number 3, I'll be ecstatic if I make it, because what they've said is, few do make it that long with what I've got but the ones who do can totally defeat the odds.  I think avoiding stress is helping and also having self belief in at least lasting a decade is helpting me defeat the odds that are stacked against me.  I've lost so much, I wouldn't say I'm brain dead, but I forget where I'm going sometimes, I forget to switch things off, my short term memory is tolerable one day, then the next I think who the fuck am I?  My long term memory bizarrely (obviously) isn't as good, but I remember things from 1988 at the match more than what I did yesterday.  I hate the word "incurable", I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, it's horrible, but I'll never give up, never.  Anyway lets hope I get to this 17 month point, it'll help me stop wondering about what happens when I die, and will I never see NUFC win anything.

Edited by McFaul
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, McFaul said:

Recently got my latest brain scan results in and the cancer is still not spreading.  I've got 17 months to go before I reach year 5 without being dead.  Given there are four grades of brain tumour and mine is number 3, I'll be ecstatic if I make it, because what they've said is, few do make it that long with what I've got but the ones who do can totally defeat the odds.  I think avoiding stress is helping and also having self belief in at least lasting a decade is helpting me defeat the odds that are stacked against me.  I've lost so much, I wouldn't say I'm brain dead, but I forget where I'm going sometimes, I forget to switch things off, my short term memory is tolerable one day, then the next I think who the fuck am I?  My long term memory bizarrely (obviously) isn't as good, but I remember things from 1988 at the match more than what I did yesterday.  I hate the word "incurable", I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, it's horrible, but I'll never give up, never.  Anyway lets hope I get to this 17 month point, it'll help me stop wondering about what happens when I die, and will I never see NUFC win anything.

i gave up wondering that a while ago. 

sounds like you're confronting the terrible hand you've been dealt with exactly the right attitude. great news that it isn't spreading. 

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i gave up wondering that a while ago. 

sounds like you're confronting the terrible hand you've been dealt with exactly the right attitude. great news that it isn't spreading

It is, but sadly it WILL they always insist it will it's just a matter of when, which is why I'm classed as incurable.  Hopefully it's 20 years time, rather than today.  Being married to someone who is THE most intelligent person I've ever met helps no end too. 

Thank you anyway Gloom.  A good heart these days is hard to find. 

34 minutes ago, McFaul said:

It is, but sadly it WILL they always insist it will it's just a matter of when, which is why I'm classed as incurable.  Hopefully it's 20 years time, rather than today.  Being married to someone who is THE most intelligent person I've ever met helps no end too. 

Thank you anyway Gloom.  A good heart these days is hard to find. 

it must be fucking hellish living with that hanging over you but it sounds like you're approaching it in exactly the right way. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, McFaul said:

Recently got my latest brain scan results in and the cancer is still not spreading.  I've got 17 months to go before I reach the end of year 5 without being dead.  Given there are four grades of brain tumour and mine is number 3, I'll be ecstatic if I make it, because what they've said is, few do make it that long with what I've got but the ones who do can totally defeat the odds.  I think avoiding stress is helping and also having self belief in at least lasting a decade is helpting me defeat the odds that are stacked against me.  I've lost so much, I wouldn't say I'm brain dead, but I forget where I'm going sometimes, I forget to switch things off, my short term memory is tolerable one day, then the next I think who the fuck am I?  My long term memory bizarrely (obviously) isn't as good, but I remember things from 1988 at the match more than what I did yesterday.  I hate the word "incurable", I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, it's horrible, but I'll never give up, never.  Anyway lets hope I get to this 17 month point, it'll help me stop wondering about what happens when I die, and will I never see NUFC win anything.

Glad to hear its not spreading Stevie, stay positive and keep doing what you're doing. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, McFaul said:

Best of luck with it Stevie - glad you’ve got the all clear again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you're heading to the chippy today, here's a bit of advice: When everyone else is waiting for fish to be cooked, just jump in there, get yourself a chip butty, pie and chips, something like that. You'll be in and out in no time. No good to me like because I'm still shitting no thicker than thread but I like to help.

About fifteen years ago I got told off at the local greasy spoon for ordering a fry on Good Friday, 'your granny would be disappointed in you'. :lol: 

Edited by ewerk

I know we've a few on here, who has packed up and moved abroad?

Asking for...myself because me and Mrs A are moving to New Zealand later this year.

15 minutes ago, strawb said:

Did a year working in North Africa. It was astonishingly shite and I wouldn’t recommend it to my worst enemy

Your packing tips might not translate then :razz:

• Like 1

The girlfriend, two cats and myself moved to France for seven years.  Then to London for three years with four cats.  Have moved countries a couple other times but those are the ones that are probably the most useful experiences.

The brother and his girlfriend also just moved to Auckland.

Basically what I'm saying is if you need to know anything about smuggling cats, I'm your man.