General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Moved house today- still alive, still married, didn’t murder my kids. 

I’m counting that as a successful move. 

What an absolute ballache. 

Why did you move out of interest? 

12 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Space. 

Kids needed their own rooms. 

That, and the irresistible draw of the stained glass ;)

Your kids were sharing the bedroom with you?! :o

Looks like I'm moving again. Another wreck to renovate, not that I'll get my hands dirty other than pressing keys to manipulate a spreadsheet.

Similar reason. More bedrooms (after extension), en suite, but also a better location. There is a stained glass window but it will have to go because of the extension. I may commission another one, "death of the seagull" or similar....  

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Renton said:

Your kids were sharing the bedroom with you?! :o

Looks like I'm moving again. Another wreck to renovate, not that I'll get my hands dirty other than pressing keys to manipulate a spreadsheet.

Similar reason. More bedrooms (after extension), en suite, but also a better location. There is a stained glass window but it will have to go because of the extension. I may commission another one, "death of the seagull" or similar....  

Kids are 10yr old girl and 8yr old (today :birthday:) Fistlet, shared a room. 

I got away with it far longer than I’d expected, but they need their own space. 

On 6/11/2018 at 08:40, Monkeys Fist said:

Internally, it’s just decorating, 90% of which we did before we moved in. 

I have an outdoor cooking area to build and a garage to convert in to a workshop. 

I want to make the end of our garden up a bit. Want a pizza oven and a barbecue setup. Was looking at the pizza oven kits you can buy online, but they're both expensive and look more complicated than I'm comfortable with as my first proper project. Might buy a ready made, more portable one and just brick around it? Mrs Fish isn't keen on me digging a fire pit. Something about me being "the clumsiest man she's ever met" :huff: 

She is happy enough with me setting up the basement with a projector and screen, sofa, fridge, etc. A proper little Fish bowl.

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I want to make the end of our garden up a bit. Want a pizza oven and a barbecue setup. Was looking at the pizza oven kits you can buy online, but they're both expensive and look more complicated than I'm comfortable with as my first proper project. Might buy a ready made, more portable one and just brick around it? Mrs Fish isn't keen on me digging a fire pit. Something about me being "the clumsiest man she's ever met" :huff: 

She is happy enough with me setting up the basement with a projector and screen, sofa, fridge, etc. A proper little Fish bowl.

If I were you, Fish, I’d probably try making your own BBQ first- it’s relatively easy, and you can find kits that supply the grills/ash pan in a range of budgets online. You usually need to buy/swipe your own bricks and cement.

My mate, ex-chef, has bought a pizza oven from Argos and reckons it’s outstanding for the price. 

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/2870764?storeID=4104&cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59156|acid:444-797-0832|cid:596650041|agid:28594320445|tid:pla-322733989561|crid:95888905405|nw:g|rnd:301677221325805860|dvc:m|adp:1o1|mt:|loc:9046782&gclid=CjwKCAjwpIjZBRBsEiwA0TN1rxQDbZFSGwn8eVu2_RsdWn_ZOmu3kH38CcniQ_dlXucrLR5ZR_m81hoCAHgQAvD_BwE

29 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If I were you, Fish, I’d probably try making your own BBQ first- it’s relatively easy, and you can find kits that supply the grills/ash pan in a range of budgets online. You usually need to buy/swipe your own bricks and cement.

My mate, ex-chef, has bought a pizza oven from Argos and reckons it’s outstanding for the price. 

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/2870764?storeID=4104&cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59156|acid:444-797-0832|cid:596650041|agid:28594320445|tid:pla-322733989561|crid:95888905405|nw:g|rnd:301677221325805860|dvc:m|adp:1o1|mt:|loc:9046782&gclid=CjwKCAjwpIjZBRBsEiwA0TN1rxQDbZFSGwn8eVu2_RsdWn_ZOmu3kH38CcniQ_dlXucrLR5ZR_m81hoCAHgQAvD_BwE

Yeah that's the kind of thing I was looking at. Setting that on fireproof bricks within a.. dunno what you'd call it, a surround? a unit? Basically so that it ends up looking a bit like this

diy-outdoor-pizza-oven-kit-beautiful-woo

but with the pizza oven in your link within that arch.

or, if I can get help, this;

Odunlu-Barbek%C3%BC.gif

If you make something even close to that size, don’t forget to make sure it’s got a solid foundation, there’s a fair bit of weight involved and you don’t want it sinking a month after you’ve built it. ;)

20 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If you make something even close to that size, don’t forget to make sure it’s got a solid foundation, there’s a fair bit of weight involved and you don’t want it sinking a month after you’ve built it. ;)

A piled foundation tbh :lol:

• Haha 1