General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/05/british-man-detained-in-uae-after-wearing-qatar-football-t-shirt-to-match

"The UAE authorities announced on 7 June 2017 that showing sympathy for Qatar on social media or by any other means of communication is an offence. Offenders could be imprisoned and subject to a substantial fine."

:lol: Keep going on holiday to Dubai folks, it's completely normal.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Meenzer said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/05/british-man-detained-in-uae-after-wearing-qatar-football-t-shirt-to-match

"The UAE authorities announced on 7 June 2017 that showing sympathy for Qatar on social media or by any other means of communication is an offence. Offenders could be imprisoned and subject to a substantial fine."

Easy to mock but swap UAE for Sunderland council and Qatar for Newcastle United and, err...... I mean, a council DOES have the right to protect itself from a mysterious cabal of Tyneside businessmen, after all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I'm connecting through the place in the summer and I'm not even happy about that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Prior to the BBC’s blanket coverage of him, had anyone heard of this Tekashi 6ix9ine 21 Savage cunt? 

Am I just being ever so slightly “cured pork”? :D

It’ll come as no surprise to anyone that I hadn’t 

• Haha 1

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/lostinshowbiz/2019/feb/07/peek-at-diary-of-liam-neesons-agent?CMP=share_btn_tw

Cinema’s Liam Neeson has Started An Important Conversation. it was the first thing I said to Good Morning America’s booker when she wanted to get Liam on to apologise. I said: “Actually, Liam has started a really important conversation.”

And she goes: “What conversation? Like, a man walks into a bar and says: ‘Which one of you guys wants to get coshed to death for being black?’”

:lol:

• Haha 1

Yeah idk about this one. I've watched the SJWs hop up and down with rage about totally stupid shit before but this one I kinda get it.

I mean it's not even liked he hoped he would find the guy - he assigned the sins of one black guy to -all- black guys, and wanted to kill one of them. The only possible implication being that if he managed to do this, it would restore the 'pride' of white people somehow. Moreover, he specifically asked the race of the attacker signalling that this would be an important component for him. 

Fair enough he's held his hands up and admitted it was wrong but that's the bare fucking minimum. It's a totally abhorrent way of thinking. And I like the guy in general but fucking hell..

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I have my doubts as to whether any of it was actually true tbf. I imagine most of the anecdotes told by actors during film promotions are entirely fabricated.

I reckon he's full of shit, this is an inverted brag that has  backfired. I mean how many black people were there in NI in the 60s or whenever (this supposedly happened in his youth)?

Aye, the more I think about it, the less I believe it. :lol: probably seemed like a good story in the bizarre version of reality these people live in.