General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

8 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Cheers PL. 

Sorry to hear that mate. 

It’s made me even more sure that elected euthanasia should be an end-of-life option available to people with terminal illness. 
We’ll not allow pets to suffer unnecessarily but can’t give the choice to our loved ones. 
Mental. 

abso-fucking-lutely.

we live in a free society, apparently, and yet we don't have the freedom to decide when get to check out. i'm off to switzerland, when the time comes. either that or i will just finally pluck up the balls to develop a heroin habit that does the job instead and go out in style 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

I spent a week 14 years ago at my Mam's bedside waiting for her to die and I've been a supporter of euthanasia since. Me and my sister made a pact that if one of us is ever in the same situation the other will digitas it. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Toontastic member: I'm feeling down

Other members: have a wank!

I had a mate who use to say that all the time.

He suddenly dropped dead of a heart attack in his early 40s a few years ago after his football (aerial ping pong) team won their first trophy in 61 years.

We're all just bags of dead meat, we need to get on with it and stop wasting our lives on busting our hump for others shit.

Hope you're okay Rents.

16 hours ago, Renton said:

Cheers all. As my hangovers lifting my mood is improving. Need to get in contact with my sister's consultant as she doesn't always understand what's happening. Maybe its not as bad as I fear.

Seriously though growing old is shit. People you love start dying. Keeping fit is hard. Your prostate grows so you need to get up to piss every night. If your lucky. if you're unlucky it gives you cancer.  Work just gets even shitter. Coronavirus becomes dangerous. Libido disappears unless you're MF and anyway your female peers are old as well. Oh, and NUFC still never win anything. 

I'm off to top myself! :lol: :nufc:

Sorry to hear about this shitty time for you. 

The obvious mood-booster, which I've mentioned countless times on here and been roundly ignored, is as follows:

Queer Eye

Somebody Feed Phil

You'll be doing those jumps where you kick your heels together, even with your gammy Silas leg from when you were a pubeless teenager. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol: I bet you fuck that up too- when shit’s going pear-shaped you can’t catch a break. 

I really do know how you’re feeling- my old man told me in July he’s got stage 4 cancer in his lungs, brain, liver and stomach- he’s opted not to have treatment other than palliative care. 
It’s fucking desperate seeing him diminish day by day. 

Tits always help- always.…

Here’s a proper handful 

Reveal hidden contents

18905382_450_450_81393_0_fill_0_4cccc29a

Ugh, sorry to hear this mate. Fucking cack news. 

• Like 1

My car is on a 4 year pcp deal and I've had it for nearly  3.5 years  so I got a call from the dealer asking me to come in to talk about options which I did today. 

I'm actually thinking about whether I need a car at all as its main use is driving to the train station and that use is now permanently doubtful as I think we'll be moving to a fully flexible working arrangement pandemic or not. 

Anyway I wasn't impressed with the options so I mentioned I knew my MOT which was due in March and I thought had a six month grace period needed booking. Turns out it was due on march the 14th which was before the extension scheme came in and the extension was only 3 months anyway. 

This means I've had no MOT for five months - good job I haven't been anywhere :)

I left it there to get sorted. 

On 17/08/2020 at 22:11, Renton said:

Yesterday had some devastating news about a close family member. Feel like I'm losing it, finding it hard to process and cope. As you get older everything turns to shit doesn't it? We're all in the same boat and just have to get on with it, I know  Being hungover as fuck doesn't help but I needed to drink yesterday, now I have to face the consequences of that too. Never felt this low. 

Hope things get better for you and your family. All the best.

• Like 1

On 18/08/2020 at 01:32, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol: I bet you fuck that up too- when shit’s going pear-shaped you can’t catch a break. 

I really do know how you’re feeling- my old man told me in July he’s got stage 4 cancer in his lungs, brain, liver and stomach- he’s opted not to have treatment other than palliative care. 
It’s fucking desperate seeing him diminish day by day. 

Tits always help- always.…

Here’s a proper handful 

Reveal hidden contents

18905382_450_450_81393_0_fill_0_4cccc29a

Ah thats shit about your dad.  Hope hes getting the best care. Best wishes.

• Like 1

On 18/08/2020 at 04:58, Dr Gloom said:

abso-fucking-lutely.

we live in a free society, apparently, and yet we don't have the freedom to decide when get to check out. i'm off to switzerland, when the time comes. either that or i will just finally pluck up the balls to develop a heroin habit that does the job instead and go out in style 

NZ is quite progressive on these issues. They’ve recently voted to allow end of life euthanasia (needs to be legislated). We’re having a referendum on legalising cannabis at the next election in October. Brothels have been legal for many years (alas my best years for sex working are behind me)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm on my mini road trip  of Scotland right now, heading to the exciting metropolitan border city of Peebles.

I saw the consultant on Friday, had my fears confirmed. The next few weeks, months  for me are going to be about keeping my sister comfortable and as happy as possible. As of life wasn't hard enough, I just feel so sad.

One thing I will say is that covid has completely fucked up the NHS, particularly diagnostic and screening services. Anyone who need a routine screen or has developed symptoms, please get them checked out, you will have to be insistent. I don't think this would have saved my sister but it could have bought her more time and improved her quality of life. For other people, it could save their lives.

Once I'm back from Scotland I will make sure I get the colonoscopy I'm due. Fortunately I love getting tubes stuck up my arse anyway..... ;)

• Like 2

Luxury spa hotel, one night (swimming pool is shut though). Genuinely looking forward to Oban on Monday, might do a detour to Glen Coe and Rannoch Moor if the weather is okay. Going to Mull and Tobermory too if space on the ferry. My kind of holiday, kids will hate it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry to hear about your sister @Renton.... life can be beyond cruel for many as we get a bit older.

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Ffs. 
I feel for you mate, Peebles is shit. 

Agreed. The “in” place of the upper Tweed valley is Innerleithen...famed mountain bike hang out with cool cafes popular with the young professionals who have gravitated there from the central belt, some of whom I’m related to so to be fair that is a downside. And the gang of spunktrumpets I know from Kelso who hare around the hills on bikes like some sort of mass Celtic mid life crisis...apart from that it’s ace 👍

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Luxury spa hotel, one night (swimming pool is shut though). Genuinely looking forward to Oban on Monday, might do a detour to Glen Coe and Rannoch Moor if the weather is okay. Going to Mull and Tobermory too if space on the ferry. My kind of holiday, kids will hate it!

Peebles Hydro. Usually full of English wankers on their way to the Highlands :)