General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

9 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

Weird as fuck for me seeing Forthbank plularised, didn't realise it was the name of a polis station in Newcastle. 

Forth Banks has been there for centuries, the police station on it must be pretty recent. 

• Like 1

I was in that bit approaching the Tyne Bridge last week. Spent about 10 minutes circumnavigating Gateshead town centre to move 100 yards as the crow flies. The final, hilarious straw coming when West Street turns into a bus lane before that magic roundabout near the Tyne Bridge, meaning to avoid a fine you have to turn left towards the new Tesco and double back. It’s fucking mental :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I was in that bit approaching the Tyne Bridge last week. Spent about 10 minutes circumnavigating Gateshead town centre to move 100 yards as the crow flies. The final, hilarious straw coming when West Street turns into a bus lane before that magic roundabout near the Tyne Bridge, meaning to avoid a fine you have to turn left towards the new Tesco and double back. It’s fucking mental :lol: 

It's beserk, I put it in directions on Google maps when I got back to see which way you're meant to go and just laughed. They're truly taking the piss.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's beserk, I put it in directions on Google maps when I got back to see which way you're meant to go and just laughed. They're truly taking the piss.

Me too!

• Haha 1

I think the anger is probably fair enough, combined with some sort of 'bad day' I guess, but the repeated reference to what he clearly sees as 'non-jobs' or people being unemployed is not a good look.

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think the anger is probably fair enough, combined with some sort of 'bad day' I guess, but the repeated reference to what he clearly sees as 'non-jobs' or people being unemployed is not a good look.

Footlocker! :lol:

Very Alan Partridge behaviour like. 

21 hours ago, Gemmill said:

If @Rentonwas a broadcaster. ;)

I've worked with a lot of TV presenters over the years and the ones that just get on with it, are polite and act normal, get to enjoy life without a lot of grief.

It's always the arrogant cunts that bring it on themselves and inevitably they do something like this, then their career is fucked and they end up disappearing into PR, Marketing or the like and they no longer have to worry about someone pulling faces behind the camera when they are "trying to do important work!"

A simple, "excuse me mate? Could you please stop that?" works a treat and if it doesn't get your camera person to turn the camera around and start shooting them being the knob usually stops them quick.

5 hours ago, Alex said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57073302

‘Best’ part of the whole sorry tale is the News of the World colluding with suspects and spying on those investigating

The panels chairwoman has today utterly eviscerated the Met, the home office and news international . Fuck all will happen despite the chairwoman saying Cressida Dick is as bent as all her predecessors. Am surprised Patel didn’t get away with flushing this down the shitter but I expect that delay was just to get the HO’s legal ducks in a row :cuppa: 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The panels chairwoman has today utterly eviscerated the Met, the home office and news international . Fuck all will happen despite the chairwoman saying Cressida Dick is as bent as all her predecessors. Am surprised Patel didn’t get away with flushing this down the shitter but I expect that delay was just to get the HO’s legal ducks in a row :cuppa: 

There really is no accountability for anything anymore. Like you say, nowt will happen here at all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

wasn't patel getting her granny panties all twisted up the other day over the nasty people who use their phones to film the police doing bad stuff? 

patel is arguably the most incompetent home secretary in my life time and by god there's been some lamentable twats.

30 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

wasn't patel getting her granny panties all twisted up the other day over the nasty people who use their phones to film the police doing bad stuff? 

patel is arguably the most incompetent home secretary in my life time and by god there's been some lamentable twats.

Patel is most likely having swastika shaped cereals for breakfast to get her day going.

6 hours ago, Alex said:

Is there a more depressing sight than someone coming out of ASDA with 72 cans of Carling? 

:lol:

I once delivered 240 cans of Basics lager to a house in Gateshead 

The bloke was nowhere near as much of a train wreck  as I expected him to be, but still…

• Haha 1