General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

My wife was on the bus a few years ago.  Pissed up bloke gets on and starts racially abusing a women.  Bus was packed.  My wife told him to stop it and get off the bus.  He muttered something.  She called the Police who weren't interested.  Nobody else said a single word to him.  

Bloody cricketers*

*that bit's a joke, but the story is real.

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

This is the same incident. I thought it was outside the Gate, but def the same incident. 

But aye, difficult to get involved these days with kids carrying knives and stuff. Plus if it kicked off, my fists are basically registered lethal weapons and I could easily kill someone and end up locked up myself. 

Couple of lads were holding another against the wall and I stepped in to make sure he was all right, then dropped into a superhero 3 point landing stance.

I was probably emboldened by the fact there's fuck all chance of the kids carrying knives round here. Riding crops, or them sweatbands tennis players wear, but no knives.

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Couple of lads were holding another against the wall and I stepped in to make sure he was all right, then dropped into a superhero 3 point landing stance.

I was probably emboldened by the fact there's fuck all chance of the kids carrying knives round here. Riding crops, or them sweatbands tennis players wear, but no knives.

Urghh, cut it with the stealth boasts "Boy from Sluice did good" Dave. We had enough of that with Chez. 

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Urghh, cut it with the stealth boasts "Boy from Sluice did good" Dave. We had enough of that with Chez. 

Nothing stealthy about that.

I used to get the metro years ago, did shifts and have spoken up a couple of times, it's fucking shite and you risk it going wrong I suppose but do you sit there like a mute and hate yourself afterwards? 

On 19/11/2021 at 11:24, Renton said:

Just seen this, good for you.

It's hard to know what to do for the best. I once intervened with some kids kicking lumps out another one on the metro, somehow managed to break them up and physically push them off at the next station (there were only two of them). Then when I went to see the kid (read charver) I had helped was okay, he muttered something about honour and punched me in the face before running off at the next station (was a pathetic punch mind). But worse, people getting on there were under the impression I had assaulted this kid and got really aggressive with me. Fortunately my wife was there to explain what had happened. Honestly, after that, you can probably guess why I'm very reluctant to intervene on things like this. 

Also there was an article on the local news news a couple of weeks ago about 4 adults being seriously assaulted by a gang of kids at Longbenton, hospitalising 2 of the adults. I don't know the details but honestly some of the "kids" are just scum. I'd forgotten how awful the Metro could be having not used it for sol long in lock down, I need to use it now occasionally and hate it in the evening. 

My biggest regret that still regularly haunts me was my reaction to an ordeal involving a family of known violent psychopaths a good 20 years ago when going back home to visit my mum.

As much as I feel I was a total coward, I still cant see how I could've resolved the situation without volunteering to be a second victim.

I totally get your reluctance to intervene.

• Like 2

If Sinfield was a public school boy union player he would have been knighted by now.

In the last year he has raised just shy of £3m for MND and raised awareness for it. Absolute legend in the game and now showing what a great human being, friend he is.  In tears watching him come into Headingley. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

If Sinfield was a public school boy union player he would have been knighted by now.

In the last year he has raised just shy of £3m for MND and raised awareness for it. Absolute legend in the game and now showing what a great human being, friend he is.  In tears watching him come into Headingley. 

I don't know the guy but Shearer refers to him as #sirkev and he seems to have an MBE. Is that not a knighthood? This is a genuine question, I've no idea which of the royal awards means what.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I don't know the guy but Shearer refers to him as #sirkev and he seems to have an MBE. Is that not a knighthood? This is a genuine question, I've no idea which of the royal awards means what.

It’s not a knighthood, no. The ‘sir’ but is just Shearer paying tribute and probably suggesting he should get one at the same time. KBE would be knighthood (there are other types knighthood/dame too). MBE is a lower ranking order of chivalry and the most common I think 

• Like 1

Rhinos fans call him Sir Kev.  He has achieved virtually everything in English Rugby, captained his country and won Golden Boot which is the best player in the world.  Which for an English player to win is something else.

I saw a stat that no League player has been knighted yet Union players are a lot more common.

• Like 1

Renton will be pleased to hear that I've finally sorted out my leasehold situation. £5.3k for the leasehold itself, with just the SIX GRAND of legal costs on top of that (you have to pay for your legal costs AND the leeching cunt management company's as well). And the whole process started in late 2017.

Absolute bullshit from start to finish, topped off with this £11k bill. 

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Renton will be pleased to hear that I've finally sorted out my leasehold situation. £5.3k for the leasehold itself, with just the SIX GRAND of legal costs on top of that (you have to pay for your legal costs AND the leeching cunt management company's as well). And the whole process started in late 2017.

Absolute bullshit from start to finish, topped off with this £11k bill. 

:lol:

That's for you laughing at my tax increase. ;)

Seriously though, what a ball ache. Worth it in the end though.