General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Is this the building that’s going up as you come off the Tyne bridge?  (Owned by Jamie Reuben).

93DEB8AE-A170-4726-8B00-2EF48240608C.jpeg

"Is T Dan Smith there? Repeat, there's a question from a Christmas tree for a T Dan Smith"

what-should-you-bring-photo-u1.jpeg

• Haha 5

Yeah I think I'll agree with that one actually. Not sure one life should ever be put above another in terms of value (and moreover the guy who did it got 16 years for manslaughter - which doesn't seem like a light sentence to me?)

Feels like the government just doing a bit of easy pointscoring. Maybe I'm wrong though, maybe it'll save lives of emergency workers.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah I think I'll agree with that one actually. Not sure one life should ever be put above another in terms of value (and moreover the guy who did it got 16 years for manslaughter - which doesn't seem like a light sentence to me?)

Feels like the government just doing a bit of easy pointscoring. Maybe I'm wrong though, maybe it'll save lives of emergency workers.

a slum landlord who despite repeated requests to fix a faulty boiler eventually wipes out an entire family including young children with carbon monoxide poisoning. gets 5 to 8 years for manslaughter.

a drunken teenage kid in an attempt to evade arrest, one punch kills a copper. mandatory life sentence.

fucking outrageous.

completely removing the distinction between murder and manslaughter for those whom they deem lives are more important than others.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

a slum landlord who despite repeated requests to fix a faulty boiler eventually wipes out an entire family including young children with carbon monoxide poisoning. gets 5 to 8 years for manslaughter.

a drunken teenage kid in an attempt to evade arrest, one punch kills a copper. mandatory life sentence.

fucking outrageous.

completely removing the distinction between murder and manslaughter for those whom they deem lives are more important than others.

Didn't realise it was proposed for manslaughter. You're right, you don't need an in depth knowledge of jurisprudence to know this is fucking ridiculous, does not reflect natural justice at all. Par for the course with our government. 

• Like 2

Train's been pulled for Edinburgh tonight. Don't know what's happening tomorrow? Mild as fuck for this time of the year, all year until we're going on the piss for a jolly. If I fell in a skip full of tits I'd come out sucking me thumb as Sidney once said. 

• Haha 5

Some outrageous scenes down by the coast. Wor lasses mates roof has caved in (Calm down, MF) and all I could picture was The Wizard of Oz. The chimney has blown off and smashed into a load of cars, a caravan was overturned in the middle of the road. I wish it wasn’t through the night because there’d be some quality videos knocking about otherwise 

5 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Some outrageous scenes down by the coast. Wor lasses mates roof has caved in (Calm down, MF) and all I could picture was The Wizard of Oz. The chimney has blown off and smashed into a load of cars, a caravan was overturned in the middle of the road. I wish it wasn’t through the night because there’d be some quality videos knocking about otherwise 

And I thought I had problems!

D394EEFA-7987-4C56-AB58-3BB45A16797B.jpeg

I live right by the sea with my bed room north facing. Never known anything like it. Watched look North and at 6.30 wasn't too bad and just thought it was media woke hype. By midnight the rear of the house was shaking, the wind was roaring,  yet somehow the front of the house was completely quiet. Went on  for hours. Anyway, don't think I have any major damage although my neighbour has lost half his roof. Branches everywhere as well. There's a huge sycamore in the park I am sure will one day upturn and obliterate my house buy the council will do fuck all about it. 

Expect much more storms like this going forward. 

Edited by Renton