General Random Conversation..

Yeah you don't need all the school level academic stuff, the minimum might be a foundation course to build up to whatever it is that you want to do. I would open up dialogue with a university about it (assuming it's a degree you want of course!) and they'll be able to tell you what hoops might need to be jumped through.

• Like 1
  • Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Monkeys Fist

• Gemmill

• The Fish

• Christmas Tree

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi lads just a quick update about Master T we were allowed to visit him in the mental hospital at Ryhope yesterday it's the first time we've seen him in 6 days. He was allowed to go to the local Asda

Yo kiddiewinks. It’s just gone 3am but it feels like 2am. If you have any old-fashioned clocks in your households from the early days of the forum then please adjust them accordingly. And can you clea

It occurred to me this evening that my traditional posts reminding you boys to adjust your clocks accordingly twice a year (not a euphemism) is becoming redundant in this digital age. However, here I

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Alex said:

You could look into doing a degree online. As a mature student you wouldn’t necessarily need A-Levels. It was a long time ago but I thought A-Level English was fucking brutal. Like a lesson in how to take all the joy out of a subject. My English degree was far more interesting and enjoyable 

Yeah maybe a uni access course would be better...I drive past Bournemouth uni every day,..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Here, all you deed clever university types....quite fancy taking up studies again, a mere 36 years after leaving school. Beleive it or not, my English teacher was very keen for me to stay on at school to do Higher English, whereas I was more interested in getting pissed and watching Pedro and Gazza on a Saturday so needed to finance that....anyway, I got an A for O Grade English and now quite fancy doing the A level 

Google isn't really helping as it's mostly adverts so am wondering if anyone knows a good online provider or a top 10 site or something?.. 🤔

Isn't open University the obvious answer? Have you got Maths O level as well, I think that may be the minimum criteria. I did my MSc distance learning and loved it, so if you cat on a course, go for it I say. 

• Like 1

HEFCs are what you’re probably after @PaddockLad- Higher Education Foundation Course. 

They’re aimed at mature students looking to go on and study for degrees. 

It’s always good to get the neurons sparking again, go for it mate. 👍

• Like 1

Alright knackers, hope everyone is alright despite Brexit, 'rona and England losing :lol:

Last week had another great week in Northumberland.  This time looking at places to buy.  So apologies now :lol: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well, funny you should say that.

But I started at a place last July and I am now working my notice period :lol: Fucking 3 months too cunts.

I am just going self employed, I should have done it years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6