General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I might do something similar, about four years ago I was basically breaking down, went off with stress, anxiety, depression whatever for a couple of months, seen one wife after the doctor told me I was 'up a height', (nowt new) and that was it, no pills, or fuck all. Feel like I'm getting to that point again but not as bad as I was because things aren't as bad as they were but it's more losing interest, looking blankly at nothing for a few hours, zero get up and go and just being permanently fed up. It's not great for me and the family must be pissed off with me, (I know I am!!) I used to be a bit mad BUT I'M ALRIGHT NOWWW!!!! What stuff did they give you out of interest, lads?  

Just now, Tom said:

Fluoxetine here, courtesy of being on it over a decade. 

They’ve been giving people American shite recently. Sertraline I think.

🎵I like my pills, like I like my television,

Nee..... American.....shite. 🎶

@Howmanheyman, how you’ve described how you were is very similar to me. 

I’m on “that American shite” Sertraline :lol:

It does the trick for me, got my mojo back. 

I’ll be honest, I was laughing again before I took the first one after reading the list of possible side-effects; erectile dysfunction, itching, INCREASED LIKELIHOOD OF SUICIDAL THOUGHTS! 

wtf :lol:

You’ll be glad to know that those are very rare, only affecting males in the 40-50 age bracket, night shift workers, ugly as a punched walrus. 

You’ll be fine :lol:

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It's been years since I had a wank with a pair of knickers on my head tbh. Underrated 

Sounds like you might be a bit down… you should speak to a Mental health professional. 

:lol:

• Haha 1

Nice to read people being open about this stuff.

I've definitely found this whole pandemic thing getting on top of me. Just when it looks like things might be looking up, it comes on again. It's like a constant shadow that won't fuck off. I think my lass is struggling with it too. 

It'll be great if we finally come out the other side of it, but I'm beginning to wonder if that's even possible, or if it'll just be the next version always around the corner. 

I find myself watching or reading something from pre-pandemic and thinking "you lucky cunts, you didn't have this shit in your head all the time."

Anyway, hope you're all doing OK, and if you get the pills, that they work out for you. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Nice to read people being open about this stuff.

Well said man, I can’t agree with this enough. 

When most of us started pissing about on here we were pretty young(ish) and carefree, but life has a way of hitting you unexpectedly. 
We’ve already lost one very much missed member and I’d rather spill my guts about my mental health every day of the week if it makes it normalised than have another one of us suffer unnecessarily. 

The last couple of years have been an absolute headfuck for everyone, and if the silver lining is being honest about your mental health, then I’ll take it. 

*pills are kicking in :lol:

• Like 5

Just got off the phone from my mate and feeling positive. I've got to be with how miserable he is 😂

Joking aside. It was good to chat. Hes going to get in touch with his GP tomorrow and I've told him Im going to call him tomorrow to ensure he has. We had a good laugh and agreed to get a walk in next week.

So fingers crossed a small step in the right direction. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Just got off the phone from my mate and feeling positive. I've got to be with how miserable he is 😂

Joking aside. It was good to chat. Hes going to get in touch with his GP tomorrow and I've told him Im going to call him tomorrow to ensure he has. We had a good laugh and agreed to get a walk in next week.

So fingers crossed a small step in the right direction. 

Nice one man. 

We all know he’s a dirty Leeds fan, but we’re all pretending not to, which lets us care.…

giphy.gif

• Haha 3