General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

4 hours ago, Renton said:

This year can just get to fuck. My Dad has been told he has a choice of having his leg amputated, and probably be bed bound in pain for the rest of his life, or he can be left to die now drugged up on morphine. I'm seeing him tomorrow and will have to talk it through with him. I feel like I'm losing it, what do I say? Why the fuck does it have to end like this? I don't want this choice, and I don't want him to have this choice. Everything is so fucked up. He hasn't seen my kids since August, he'll probably never get to see them ever again now (only one person allowed to visit him at a time). The truth is he's already given up and I can't help him. I'm so sorry this has happened to you Dad. I just want to remember you as you were just a few months ago. 

Awful. So sorry mate. Life is cruel

• Like 2

NFTs are fucking mental btw. Have a read of this:

https://www.larvalabs.com/cryptopunks

Someone created 10,000 computer generated avatars. They were given away for free. Some people claimed hundreds. Now they are exchanging hands for millions of $ :lol:

One bloke has made $9mil already from selling them on. Bear in mind you can copy and paste the exact same picture. But people want the "original" file 

• Like 1

Wife and I are up in the Lakes for Christmas. Restaurant we had booked for Christmas day are fucking about with menus etc. With the 'vid situ we've decided to just cook and just been to Booths got a load of shite to eat and couldn't be happier. 

Merry crimbo you sexy bastards

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Could have probably got a cheaper meal in Michelin star restaurant rather than Booths. When I was in the lakes end of October most the hotels and restaurants were massively struggling with staff and either shut or on reduced hours, another Brexit bonus. 

Enjoy it anyway, I'm well jealous. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

Could have probably got a cheaper meal in Michelin star restaurant rather than Booths. When I was in the lakes end of October most the hotels and restaurants were massively struggling with staff and either shut or on reduced hours, another Brexit bonus. 

Enjoy it anyway, I'm well jealous. 

There's still loads of places looking for staff. Its like it all over the country. 

Booths was great! Got lots of stuff reduced 😂 #yorkshireman

Take care Rents mate 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Booths is near where my mam's static is in Keswick. It is expensive but it's a great shout for good scran. 

There’s one in Windermere too. Next to the train station. 

Edited by Alex