General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Renewables with a baseload supplied by nuclear would be my guess, but we have seriously fucked up on the latter (not sure where we are with the former). Could really do with someone cracking nuclear fusion sometime very soon. 

8 years till UK stops petrol and diesel cars. Good luck with that :lol:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Heat pumps are the standard out here, they're...ok I guess. I miss proper central heating

There's some new builds near mine with what I now see are heat pumps (originally thought they were AC boxes). The things are massive and an eye sore, and it seems like they're not worth the outlay. No way would I get one for this house. I could get a new kitchen for less. 

We are just about to kick off a decarbonisation trial program on 80 of our properties, including heat pumps. 

I can see you are all spellbound so I will endeavour to keep you updated with the results in a year or so and let you know if it was worthwhile 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, strawb said:

We are just about to kick off a decarbonisation trial program on 80 of our properties, including heat pumps. 

I can see you are all spellbound so I will endeavour to keep you updated with the results in a year or so and let you know if it was worthwhile 

Apologies for ignorance, what does that mean in layman terms? Sorry, to clarify further - I assume we're talking about taking CO2 out of the atmosphere, but how? And what about the project is a trial? Cost or effectiveness?

Edited by Rayvin

14 minutes ago, strawb said:

You have 80 properties?

I knew you would do better in NZ but 80 properties 

37 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Apologies for ignorance, what does that mean in layman terms? Sorry, to clarify further - I assume we're talking about taking CO2 out of the atmosphere, but how? And what about the project is a trial? Cost or effectiveness?

What a way to inflate your ApP. Your xA was dropping a little, but good to see a return to normal. Apology form is temporary, but apology class is permanent.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, strawb said:

He has definitely confused me with Andrew hasn’t he? And not someone who works in social housing in Manchester

Point taken. Sorry

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Two apologies in as many sentences. 

Peak Rayvin, folks. :lol:

edit; just saw Fish’s post above. 
Am I fuck apologising though, mines more betterer. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2