General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

How old is he and what was his injury? Dislocated patella/knee cap?

16 and a lateral dislocation of the joint

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

How old is he and what was his injury? Dislocated patella/knee cap?

image.thumb.jpeg.f3d4b3c498978063f3f2c109e051b143.jpeg 

Apologies to anyone squeamish.

• Sad 1

I'm no expert, but from my time working into A&E 6-8 weeks was the standard time frame to get back into sport. There's plenty of NHS leaflets on exercises to start after a few days rest. 
https://www.uhcw.nhs.uk/download/clientfiles/files/Acute patella dislocation Exercises.pdf

If you are going to pay for private physio then make sure it's a chartered physio and not a "physical therapist" 

9 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I'm no expert, but from my time working into A&E 6-8 weeks was the standard time frame to get back into sport. There's plenty of NHS leaflets on exercises to start after a few days rest. 
https://www.uhcw.nhs.uk/download/clientfiles/files/Acute patella dislocation Exercises.pdf

If you are going to pay for private physio then make sure it's a chartered physio and not a "physical therapist" 

Cheers mate. Appreciate the advice

9 hours ago, ewerk said:

I'm far from a history buff but this shit is pretty cool.

Just wandering in in the midst of Craig's kid's injury. "Hey guys, this shit looks pretty cool." :lol:

• Haha 1

Craig, not a medical professional in any way but I have done a very similar injury while playing (alright it was for sheff Wednesday, stop asking).

It took me nearly 6 month to not only be over the injury but to trust my knee again properly.

Disclaimer - I might just be a fanny

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol: 

Elvis, Lady Di, and Marilyn Monroe-it’s a Viz Commemorative Plate house! 

( Knocking bet there’s a Queen Mother portrait in the bog). 

Apropos of nothing. My brother had to go to an outdoor function exhibition thing that was being opened by the Queen Mother. She arrived by helicopter and disappeared into an awaiting marquee for a while, she then appeared and met everyone and opened said function. The Marquee was for her to have her pre-royal engagement G&T in private - It was 8:30 a.m.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Apropos of nothing. My brother had to go to an outdoor function exhibition thing that was being opened by the Queen Mother. She arrived by helicopter and disappeared into an awaiting marquee for a while, she then appeared and met everyone and opened said function. The Marquee was for her to have her pre-royal engagement G&T in private - It was 8:30 a.m.

Probably on her 2nd bottle by then :lol:

• Haha 2

On 09/03/2022 at 18:35, Craig said:

image.thumb.jpeg.f3d4b3c498978063f3f2c109e051b143.jpeg 

Apologies to anyone squeamish.

Fortunately I saw the Lozza Fox / JHB photo first so it took the edge off it. 

• Haha 3