General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

There’s a lot of men of all ages who would lose it if their missus was insulted in front of a sizeable amount of the world’s population tbf :lol: Not saying it’s right but Rock is lucky, Smuth is a fuckin big lad. Comics are perfectly at liberty to say what the fuck they like, but if you want to wind people up and then they get wound up am not sure what they expect and Rock isn’t pressing charges . It’s life, get on with it. Doubt if any of them deep down give a shiny shit about Ukraine either. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I can't work out what I think about it, which suggests to me that there were very fine people on both sides. 

Shit joke, shit punch is my balanced take ;) 

3 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Marching on stage to sucker punch a comedian for telling an edgy joke where he is employed  to tell edgy jokes is a cunts move

My first reaction was only he knows how his wife is about her alopecia, and if he thinks there's any danger of this becoming a hilarious theme of the night for Rock, then this shuts it down. And his wife is clearly uncomfortable as the joke is made.

But he could have got the same result by walking up to him in the next commercial break and explaining the above. 

I think the sucker punch element of it is bullshit though. Made worse by the context cos it's the very last thing Chris Rock would have expected. 

5 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Marching on stage to sucker punch a comedian for telling an edgy joke where he is employed  to tell edgy jokes is a cunts move

Taking the piss out of Gwyneth Paltrow's daft fuckin magazine is one thing, having a dig at a woman suffering from a medical condition is another. Violence is a logical conclusion  of that. Its not quite Trump and thr disabled journo but its wandering down that lane...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

So is making the joke 

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Is it well known that she has alopecia? I would have just assumed she shaved her head.

It was news to me but apparently she’s spoken about it a fair bit in public so I suspect Rock knew exactly what he was doing. 

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Is it well known that she has alopecia? I would have just assumed she shaved her head.

Aye. Whether Chris Rock is in the wrong depends entirely on whether he knew she has alopecia. 

• Like 1

I honestly couldn't give a shit what the ultra-privileged Hollywood hypocrite circle jerk cunts say or do. Hate the Oscars and all these award ceremonies. Get to fuck man.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, spongebob toonpants said:

He was laughing at it until he saw his wife was pissed off.

Yup, he knew he was getting an earful from her after and thought to himself 'how the fuck do I get out of this?'.

1 minute ago, spongebob toonpants said:

He was laughing at it until he saw his wife was pissed off.

Tbf I didn’t watch it because I subscribe to Renton’s view that they’re all wankers 

• Like 1