Jump to content

General Random Conversation..


Scottish Mag
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Fucking hell I've just watched it again. What the fuck is wrong with this country. :lol:

 

 

BRITISH!!

 

 

 

AND PROUD!!

 

tumblr_m8e74ggVP91r2f9ceo1_250.gif

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I cycled over to Haworth yesterday.  It was fucking RAMMED.  Then we noticed people were dressed up like the 40s, then it clicked, it was a fucking 40s weekend.  A Lancaster flew over which was pretty cool.  But fuck me.  Why do we hark on about being under the threat of being bombed and at war?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I cycled over to Haworth yesterday.  It was fucking RAMMED.  Then we noticed people were dressed up like the 40s, then it clicked, it was a fucking 40s weekend.  A Lancaster flew over which was pretty cool.  But fuck me.  Why do we hark on about being under the threat of being bombed and at war?

It's becoming a fetish, now. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

 

 

:lol:

 

Proof that not ALL of them deserve the Greatest Generation moniker. 

 

 

 


Prefer Meezner's suggestion.
 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

 

 

:lol:

 

Proof that not ALL of them deserve the Greatest Generation moniker. 

 

 

 

Meanwhile more of 'her subjects' are using foodbanks than ever and she used our money to cover up a peado. Why the fuck are people blind to this? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's becoming a fetish, now. 

Probably the only time working class were getting fucked at home and abroad so there was a feeling of solidarity 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Probably the only time working class were getting fucked at home and abroad so there was a feeling of solidarity 

'Was' maybe if you were around at the time? It's like the people of 1910 going around dressed up as Wellington or Nelson or going on about cannons and sailing ships ad nauseam. It's getting fucking bizarre being nostalgic for something you never experienced and most people who actually did experience it didn't have rose tinted glasses and are almost all long dead. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

'Was' maybe if you were around at the time? It's like the people of 1910 going around dressed up as Wellington or Nelson or going on about cannons and sailing ships ad nauseam. It's getting fucking bizarre being nostalgic for something you never experienced and most people who actually did experience it didn't have rose tinted glasses and are almost all long dead. 

 

Nailed it. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

'Was' maybe if you were around at the time? It's like the people of 1910 going around dressed up as Wellington or Nelson or going on about cannons and sailing ships ad nauseam. It's getting fucking bizarre being nostalgic for something you never experienced and most people who actually did experience it didn't have rose tinted glasses and are almost all long dead. 


<applause> :good:

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

'Was' maybe if you were around at the time? It's like the people of 1910 going around dressed up as Wellington or Nelson or going on about cannons and sailing ships ad nauseam. It's getting fucking bizarre being nostalgic for something you never experienced and most people who actually did experience it didn't have rose tinted glasses and are almost all long dead. 

I could get it an extent if it was an exciting period of change, like the 50s or 60s. Not my cup of char but I could understand it. The 40s must’ve been absolutely shite though :lol: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always think 50s America would have been a canny time/place to be alive. 40s Britain can fuck off though. As can 2020s Britain. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I always think 50s America would have been a canny time/place to be alive. 40s Britain can fuck off though. As can 2020s Britain. 

Season 2 Intro GIF by Paramount+

  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I always think 50s America would have been a canny time/place to be alive.


Back when that lot knew their place, eh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.