General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

4 hours ago, Renton said:

WTAF am I looking at here? 3 and a half grand for an old pallet and some "pea - gravel - to fill the ground reinforcement grids and suppress the attraction of worms to concrete". Never even knew worms were attracted to concrete. 

I saw one of these in John Lewis the other day and want one. Unfortunately my garden is too small and I haven't got a spare 9k.

DELETE.png

That is, and im

being soft here, is fucking awful

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Fuck you dissing my midlife crisis and suck my baubles. 🖕

That’s the worst midlife crisis I’ve ever seen you fanny.

Buy a Porsche Boxster or something 

• Haha 6

15 hours ago, scoobos said:

Well, to buck the trend, I work like a bastard and feel sorry for the Full Timers I sometimes work with, who clearly hate their jobs and do fuck all. 

Everyone's different, but I couldn't hold self esteem or self worth if I just turned up all the time.

And also, it proves the current cunts in charge, right. In Britannia Unchained "The British are among the worst idlers in the world. We work among the lowest hours, we retire early and our productivity is poor. Whereas Indian children aspire to be doctors or businessmen, the British are more interested in football and pop music."

Work smart, not hard.

Exactly, the age of the work martyr is over. If it takes you 70 hours a week to do your job, you probably aren’t very good at your job.

I am not working myself to an early death, and the clock watchers in the office can fuck right off

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Hope it went well. Must admit the sheer terror of contemplating dating again is one of the main factors in stopping me getting divorced. ;)

:lol:

Cheers mate. Was date 2 and she wants a 3rd so much be doing something right. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

It’s 1/2 that you’re getting laid next time you see her Craig, good work :good: 

It's gonna be a big night for him!

article-1386050-0C02009900000578-119_468

• Haha 11

52 minutes ago, Craig said:

:lol:

Cheers mate. Was date 2 and she wants a 3rd so much be doing something right. 

Ignore the rest of these arsehole. Glad 2nd date went well mate.

• Like 1

On 22/06/2022 at 10:05, The Fish said:

My entire working life is proof that you can toss it off at work way more than you think. Under promise then 'over deliver', never agree to the first timeline suggested, block out chunks of you diary so people believe you're busy, schedule an email to send after hours (and respond to any reply that generates immediately with "I'll have a look in the morning" kind of thing. I'm lucky that I can automate a lot of my work if I spend a little time and effort at the beginning. 

This morning, I've listened to a podcast, I've fucked about with my football stats excel thing for the coming season for a bit, I've done some exercise in the garden,  back indoors to send a few emails with work that was completed by a macro and do a bit of studying of coding that will make my job even easier.

Despite this pisstaking, I'm getting a bonus and a payrise. And once I complete this study I should be able to negotiate a paybump or move to another company.

Used to work on shifts with the Met police. Honestly, night shifts and weekends were mostly playing football manager,  or watching tv. For years I did this for good money.

Just an update to this.

Had a zoom call with my boss', boss' boss. Spent 40 minutes of a 30 minute call talking about holidays, where we went to university, football and all that shit. At the end of the call he said he was impressed with my work and when he's next down in Manchester with my boss' boss he'd like us all to have a chat about a project that's coming up and then all go out for dinner.

Oh, and today is a group-wide "Spirit of Me" day, where there are no internal meetings, no expectations for any work to be done. It's about taking time to do what benefits you, it can be studying, or organising, or joining a webinar about Women in business, or some mindfullness, or doing stuff with your family...

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Just an update to this.

Had a zoom call with my boss', boss' boss. Spent 40 minutes of a 30 minute call talking about holidays, where we went to university, football and all that shit. At the end of the call he said he was impressed with my work and when he's next down in Manchester with my boss' boss he'd like us all to have a chat about a project that's coming up and then all go out for dinner.

Oh, and today is a group-wide "Spirit of Me" day, where there are no internal meetings, no expectations for any work to be done. It's about taking time to do what benefits you, it can be studying, or organising, or joining a webinar about Women in business, or some mindfullness, or doing stuff with your family...

All sounding good Dave :good:

Although that bit in bold when isolated sounds a bit like a Tory manifesto :lol: