General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Went to RHS Bridgewater in Manchester yesterday for a wander about.  Stunning place.

Went for a pee.  There was only cubicles, not an issue.  i am stood having a pee and a bloke was in one cubicle shouting at his mate in the other.  'The only reason they have cubicles is because of Transgender people, I've no problem with Transgender people, it's them activists'.

I finish, wash up go out.  He comes out and starts banging on about it to his wife.  He saw me chuckling and then asked me my thoughts.  I just said, 'I like my new penis' and walked off :lol: 

• Haha 5

38 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Went to RHS Bridgewater in Manchester yesterday for a wander about.  Stunning place.

Went for a pee.  There was only cubicles, not an issue.  i am stood having a pee and a bloke was in one cubicle shouting at his mate in the other.  'The only reason they have cubicles is because of Transgender people, I've no problem with Transgender people, it's them activists'.

I finish, wash up go out.  He comes out and starts banging on about it to his wife.  He saw me chuckling and then asked me my thoughts.  I just said, 'I like my new penis' and walked off :lol: 

Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max

• Haha 3

A family of parakeets have apparently moved into our garden. I'm now treated to a daily 5.30 alarm call and my days wfh are now punctuated with incessant shrill shrieks. 

Bloody foreign birds, coming over here, making a racket and spoiling the area.

• Haha 6

i feel like renton with the gulls. genuinely considering getting an air rifle to see if i can take a few of the fuckers out. not what you need in 32 degree heat 

1 minute ago, spongebob toonpants said:

The seagulls in Brighton are a fucking nightmare. From 4 o'clock every morning the noise is fucking ridiculous

• Haha 1

anyone else had enough of this shit yet? i love warm weather but the UK isn't equipped to cope with consistent temperature in the high 20s/low 30s. you need a swimming pool, air con and plenty of cocktails to make it tolerable 

Screenshot 2022-07-13 at 16.20.31.png

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye it's bullshit. Although it's alright up here today. Low 20s with a nice breeze on. 

man, i'd take low 20s all day after a week of this nonsense. 

Not even noticed the heat here on the coast. Today has been perfect. Lovely sunshine with a cool North Sea breeze.

This place will be like the French rviera (was) when global warming properly hits and you southern cunts are shooting each other over bottled water. :) 

• Haha 3

Monday I think it was. It clouded over about 10 am and that was pretty much it as far as the sunshine was concerned. And the temperature got up to 29c. That’s officially reported on the weather report, not some thermometer in someone’s back garden. 29c on a cloudy day in Newcastle is not normal like. I don’t mind it like. Although I’m working from home trying to avoid covid ahead of a long weekend/wedding Keswick. The office without aircon must be fun 

I saw that. It’s meant to be 30c here early next week. Which admittedly is a lot more comfortable. Bet there’s going to be a massive thunderstorm at some point 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

35 or 36 bastard degrees in london on monday, apparently 

FUCK THAT SHIT

Get used to it. It's only going to get hotter in future years. There's some cities in the world predicted to have regular temperatures in excess of 50C, which is essentially the point where you just die. 

53 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

What a little fucker. His original post said Deternt Reservoir btw. 

Honestly CT you are henceforth BANNED from wanking over Liz Truss and Penny Mordaunt. 

Urghh. I'm glad the water here comes from Kielder and not Derwent.

GIF by Giphy QA

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gemmill said:

It was 27 on Sunday and that was fucking minging. We've all got houses that are designed to retain the heat. They're like a massive radiator when it's like that. 

Aye. I've got a makeshift workbench just off the kitchen that would've been the old pantry when our house was built in the 50's. Thermometer on my bench has been pushing 30C at points these last few weeks, in a part of the house that was supposedly designed to store food. 

Swear in these last few years I've gradually flipped from "why the fuck would we need air-con in Scotland?" to "Jesus fuck this is torture".