General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

42 minutes ago, strawb said:

We have fat pasty lad and lasses walking round with not enough clothes on, sweating everywhere.

Plenty of those around (not just me either) :sad:

Edited by RobinRobin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol: 

I must confess I would have most of those if I had a massive garden, particularly the water slide.

Pond doing lovely though :) 

C44C0019-3980-4789-A6DD-92FCE85D62D4.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Had a bit of rain on the way into work this morning.  Got in the office receptionist 'Ooooo we need it though don't we' :lol:  In a couple of weeks will probably be 'We aint had a summer have we?'

27 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Had a bit of rain on the way into work this morning.  Got in the office receptionist 'Ooooo we need it though don't we' :lol:  In a couple of weeks will probably be 'We aint had a summer have we?'

:lol:

Honestly, the melancholy flows through you like Matrix-code through Neo.

I've just been ordered to leave the office because I was 'working alone, in building with no air conditioning.' So instead, they agreed for me to be at home - working alone, in a building with no air conditioning. 

1 minute ago, Craig said:

I've just been ordered to leave the office because I was 'working alone, in building with no air conditioning.' So instead, they agreed for me to be at home - working alone, in a building with no air conditioning. 

Chin up mate, dont be sad

24 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Chin up mate, dont be sad

I ain't sad, I just highlighted the ridiculous irony of what they said. I'm a keyholder of the building so asked if that meant I have to wait until someone else turns up each morning before I can go in :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, strawb said:

They are if you are working from home. You should be treated the same as any other distant/mobile worker

Are your company liable for the air conditioning situation in your own home if you're working there rather than at an office? 

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Are your company liable for the air conditioning situation in your own home if you're working there rather than at an office? 

Not explicitly, but they have a duty of care under DSE legislation to ensure your working environment, including home environments is fit for purpose. Hybrid working policies legally are a fucking nightmare.

10 minutes ago, Craig said:

Not explicitly, but they have a duty of care under DSE legislation to ensure your working environment, including home environments is fit for purpose. Hybrid working policies legally are a fucking nightmare.

Surely you didn't actually just go home and resume your working day from there? That's literally your boss handing you a get out of work free card. 

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

What Craig said, but at least in the UK there is no maximum (or minimum) temperature specified for workplaces. The legislation uses the term “reasonable” and then it’s up to the specific company to justify their management of it, usually depending on the type of work done there and other mitigating factors.

Not sure if legislation is different in NZ though

3 minutes ago, strawb said:

What Craig said, but at least in the UK there is no maximum (or minimum) temperature specified for workplaces. The legislation uses the term “reasonable” and then it’s up to the specific company to justify their management of it, usually depending on the type of work done there and other mitigating factors.

Not sure if legislation is different in NZ though

It probably is different but thats not why I was asking, my interested in the idea that if you are allowed to work from home that the company actually has some stake in the state of your house.