General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

1 hour ago, Blastronaut said:

Surely you didn't actually just go home and resume your working day from there? That's literally your boss handing you a get out of work free card. 

Erm, I head up the whole of Service Delivery. Yeah, fuck the team who work under me, I’ll just doss for the rest of the day 🙄

3 hours ago, Craig said:

Erm, I head up the whole of Service Delivery. Yeah, fuck the team who work under me, I’ll just doss for the rest of the day 🙄

You and your moral responsibility.  What are you doing here?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Craig said:

WooooooOOOOOOOoooo he heads up the WHOLE of service delivery! Delivery will CEASE in its ENTIRETY if he takes his eye off the ball for even a second! 

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Andrew said:

It probably is different but thats not why I was asking, my interested in the idea that if you are allowed to work from home that the company actually has some stake in the state of your house. 

Nah. But they should be supplying equipment needed to do your job safely at home.

Generally speaking people working from

home are office workers so the risk of injury is low and the equipment would mainly be IT/DSE stuff, although we have had to arrange sit stand desks amongst other things at peoples houses because they had one at the office for bad backs etc.

May be different if you had welders/joiners/bricklayers working from home for example, but I doubt they would be very productive.

• Haha 1

Just now, strawb said:

Nah. But they should be supplying equipment needed to do your job safely at home.

Generally speaking people working from

home are office workers so the risk of injury is low and the equipment would mainly be IT/DSE stuff, although we have had to arrange sit stand desks amongst other things at peoples houses because they had one at the office for bad backs etc.

May be different if you had welders/joiners/bricklayers working from home for example, but I doubt they would be very productive.

Aye, my company got me a snazzy desk, and office chair, all the rests and guards and shit. When the heatwave was predicted an email went out almost immediately saying we could expense a desk fan (up to a reasonable amount).

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Aye, my company got me a snazzy desk, and office chair, all the rests and guards and shit. When the heatwave was predicted an email went out almost immediately saying we could expense a desk fan (up to a reasonable amount).

That's open for abuse :smile:

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

WooooooOOOOOOOoooo he heads up the WHOLE of service delivery! Delivery will CEASE in its ENTIRETY if he takes his eye off the ball for even a second! 

Dickhead. :lol:

Point I'm making is I've a team to support. So should I just fucking leave them to it if I'm not in the same room as them? 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Never even heard of this. Presumably for the 17% of standers. You lot disgust me. 

Team sit and lean here tbf so take my name out ya mouth

30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Craig I don't know how to break this to you, but people FUCKING LOVE IT when their boss fucks off for a bit. :razz:

You're making the huge and, in true Gemmill style, wrong assumption that I work in the same building as them.  :rolleyes::razz:

I once dared come in the office one morning and open the velux windows as I was in first.  It was c20 degrees in the morning.  A lad come in and shut them and then sent an email around saying it should be a majority decision  :lol: 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I once dared come in the office one morning and open the velux windows as I was in first.  It was c20 degrees in the morning.  A lad come in and shut them and then sent an email around saying it should be a majority decision  :lol: 

Hope you pointed out the same rules would need to apply for shutting them. :lol:

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Craig said:

Hope you pointed out the same rules would need to apply for shutting them. :lol:

The gaffer agreed with him.  A few lads pointed out it was the middle of summer and by the mid morning with 40 blokes, PCs and sun it was reacing well over 30 degrees in the office.  We then found out this lad had a fucking foot heater on :lol: 

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

We then found out this lad had a fucking foot heater on :lol: 

If you didn't launch that out of the velux window, you missed a trick.

Honestly, he's a good mate and we ribbed the fuck out of him.  Yet the gaffers were on his side and it was fucking BAKING in that office at times.  They would buy boxes of ice pops some days to try and keep people cool.  :lol: Fucking backwards Yorkshire wankers.

• Haha 1