General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Honestly, he's a good mate and we ribbed the fuck out of him.  Yet the gaffers were on his side and it was fucking BAKING in that office at times.  They would buy boxes of ice pops some days to try and keep people cool.  :lol: Fucking backwards Yorkshire wankers.

standard form then?

• Like 2

I've had a panicked sheep moment and have ordered a portable aircon unit for delivery tomorrow. 

I know they aren't ideal and might be a bit shit but hopefully will make some difference. 

34 minutes ago, NJS said:

I've had a panicked sheep moment and have ordered a portable aircon unit for delivery tomorrow. 

I know they aren't ideal and might be a bit shit but hopefully will make some difference. 

Thought you did this a couple of years back? 

BBC weather app says its going to be 41C at Heathrow on Monday! The record is 38.7C. And people still deny climate change. 

I keep thinking about it every heatwave but haven't bothered - especially when out all day in the old world. 

Towards 40 is ridiculous so thought it was time. 

My philosophy is to beat the heat with wheat.

I bought a couple of crates of wheat beer to keep myself cool. It’s the most refreshing thing you can have, especially if you put your glass in the freezer before.

Edited by Isegrim
  • Haha 2

Just now, Isegrim said:

My philosophy is to beat heat with wheat.

I bought a couple of crates of wheat beer to keep myself cool. It’s the most refreshing thing you can have, especially if you put your glass in the freezer before.

Beer is surely pretty dehydrating? People here say drink tea to keep cool, because it makes you sweat. Err, okay. 

20 hours ago, Craig said:

Erm, I head up the whole of Service Delivery. Yeah, fuck the team who work under me, I’ll just doss for the rest of the day 🙄

Jesus man, they genuinely can't cope without you for half a shift? Fair play, I'd struggle to cope with that level of responsibility.

How do you even manage to get a lunch break?

10 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I’ve got an awesome and cheap way of staying cool in summer, it’s called living in Scotland.

Where the fuck are you? I've got three fans on, all the windows open and it's still 26° in our living room.

I'm gonna have to guess Denny. It's always dark, cold and miserable in Denny.

19 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Aye that's fair.  East Kilbride is Glasgow's Denny.

Always a dark cloud over those parts.

That explains Jesus and Mary Chain then. 

36 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

It’s always a few degrees colder and windier than Glasgow here.

Temperature and wind-chill factor aside, that neck of the woods always reminds me of that scene in Independence Day.

38 minutes ago, Renton said:

That explains Jesus and Mary Chain then. 

Absolutely. EK was probably both their curse and blessing. Psychocandy would have been a totally different animal if they were based a few miles up the road in sunny Bathgate.

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Currently 18 and raining here. 

Aye, and the maximum forecast for Monday and Tuesday is 28°, according to Met. Office. 

Still hot, but not death inducing, my ginger child is relaxing, somewhat. :lol:

edit; we might hit 30° briefly on Tuesday 

I'm at the Riverside for the ODI on Tuesday. 36c!

Worst heat I've ever experienced was July in Florida. I spent a week in 40c heat, standing in the middle of a field with no shade for 6 hours a day, booting footballs about. I was drinking something like 10litres of water a day and just sweating it straight back out 

22 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye, and the maximum forecast for Monday and Tuesday is 28°, according to Met. Office. 

Still hot, but not death inducing, my ginger child is relaxing, somewhat. :lol:

edit; we might hit 30° briefly on Tuesday 

Wonder why the met office and BBC are so different. Met office says max 23C in Tynemouth today, max 27C tomorrow, both perfectly manageable. BBC says 29C today, and 34C tomorrow.  That's quite a range. I guess the Met office, who have a station in Tynemouth Pruory, will be more reliable. 

Edit: although the live reading says 26C right now and it feels like it, so maybe the Met is talking shite!

Edited by Renton

43 minutes ago, Renton said:

Just had a swim in the sea. Its the warmest I have ever known for this time of year (50 years experience here!). Fucking lush tbh, perfect beach weather.

Get in the fucking sea