General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

30 max today and 35 tomorrow in Wideopen. 

Alexa tells me it's currently 27 degrees outside.  Meant to max out between 4 and 5pm.

I've got all blinds and curtains shut and all windows are now shut too now that it's warmer outside than it is inside. 

I went out for a bit before and it was pretty fucking toasty.  The cats are in a foul mood cos they're being kept in - one of them has heart disease and had a wobble a week or so ago when it was 27 on the Sunday.  So that fucker is going nowhere during the day for the next couple of days. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

30 max today and 35 tomorrow in Wideopen. 

Alexa tells me it's currently 27 degrees outside.  Meant to max out between 4 and 5pm.

I've got all blinds and curtains shut and all windows are now shut too now that it's warmer outside than it is inside. 

I went out for a bit before and it was pretty fucking toasty.  The cats are in a foul mood cos they're being kept in - one of them has heart disease and had a wobble a week or so ago when it was 27 on the Sunday.  So that fucker is going nowhere during the day for the next couple of days. 

It's night time heat that fucks me. We're all supposed to insulate our houses foe winter but this makes summer worse. Catch 22. 

Seems criminal but i've had the curtains shut for the past 2 days and it's quite cool indoors. Did wander outside earlier and was hit by the hot blast your normally get when walking off an airplane.

• Like 1

It's only 29 here, supposed to get up to 35, which isn't ideal for a little'un. It'll be the same or a little hotter tomorrow, but fuck it he's Nursery's problem then.

25 minutes ago, Craig said:

Seems criminal but i've had the curtains shut for the past 2 days and it's quite cool indoors. Did wander outside earlier and was hit by the hot blast your normally get when walking off an airplane.

Viz top tip. Save money on holidaying abroad and that great feeling the holidays just begone by wairing for the hottest day of the year, drawing the curtains, dressing in linen clothes, sunglasses, and having a few mini-bootles of beer, wine, or spirits. Then open your front door and feel the blast of hot air. Voila, you're transported to Alicante airport, with that mouthwatering expectation of 14 days in the Benidorm sun. For 3 seconds. 

• Haha 3

39° here at the moment. Was perfectly manageable until twat of a son decided the patio door needed opening and leaving open. Now it's like a fucking sauna in here! :panic:

Back from the gym, house is unbearably hot, might go to the pub. 

I'll take the work phone, y'know, just in case...

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

might go to the pub. 

Best suggestion you've made in a long time. It's poker night down mine so I'll definitely be there.

About to go to work and it's always hot anyway, we wear stuff that's unsuitable for the heat at the best of times, only consolation is it's nightshift which will slightly help but the duty of care regarding this will be actioned but not dealt with in reality. Shit hot on safety but blinkers on when it suits.

• Sad 2
  • Jaysus... 1

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

About to go to work and it's always hot anyway, we wear stuff that's unsuitable for the heat at the best of times, only consolation is it's nightshift which will slightly help but the duty of care regarding this will be actioned but not dealt with in reality. Shit hot on safety but blinkers on when it suits.

Oof! I feel for you mate. 

Fucking nightmare 

• Like 2