General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Sorry to hear that, @Gemmill Cats really are class once you realise that they’re all proper daft shites who just try to be horrible at first. One of ours had a dodgy stomach for a couple of days over the weekend and I’d convinced myself it was bad news but she’s fine now. Little twat was probably eating string again

• Thanks 1

Aye they're mint. Got one left, who hasn't realised his brother (genuine littermates) isn't coming home yet, and a daft dog who will be gutted cos the other cat was the one that doesn't try to take his face off whenever he gets close to it. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Keep checking the Met office and they keep moving back the time when this thunderstorm is gonna hit and the heat is gonna break. The Billy bullshitters.

Just checked the BBC Weather site, and we're not due one at all. FFS

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Just checked the BBC Weather site, and we're not due one at all. FFS

Earlier on we got the thunderstorm at 4pm and then next temperature was 5 degrees lower. Which would have been class. 

Now we get the thunderstorm AN HOUR LATER and I've marked on the picture what the temperature is following the storm, and it's not fucking 5 degrees lower any more, is it. 

image.thumb.png.f7c1614d994ce7b8c5a727f083150b25.png

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye they're mint. Got one left, who hasn't realised his brother (genuine littermates) isn't coming home yet, and a daft dog who will be gutted cos the other cat was the one that doesn't try to take his face off whenever he gets close to it. :lol:

Will you get any more? The kids got a pair of cats last year and they're utterly mental. Definitely keep you amused. 

Not even going to hit 30 here according to the Met and there's a lovely sea breeze. This is my reward for all the days I've been buried under sea fret whilst it was glorious 2 miles inland. 

10 minutes ago, Craig said:

Will you get any more? The kids got a pair of cats last year and they're utterly mental. Definitely keep you amused. 

I don't think so, at least not for a bit. The dog is plenty hassle for now!

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Not even going to hit 30 here according to the Met and there's a lovely sea breeze. This is my reward for all the days I've been buried under sea fret whilst it was glorious 2 miles inland. 

I'll remind you of this as you float down the coast road following the tsunami. 

• Haha 3

Good thing about cats and dogs is they can be happy solo. I'm caught up in a guinea pig cycle. They can't really live alone so when one dies, you need to replace it. It's a form of rodent immortality.

• Haha 3

LBC News

'The Queen, despite the record temperatures is still carrying on with her duties...........'

Apparently welcoming some yank

'.........her majesty welcomed (fuck knows who) from Windsor Castle remotely on Zoom'

Bless her, grafting like fuck.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Good thing about cats and dogs is they can be happy solo. I'm caught up in a guinea pig cycle. They can't really live alone so when one dies, you need to replace it. It's a form of rodent immortality.

When I met my lass she had three. They're major work - they basically took up an entire room of the house, she used to bulk buy paper pulp for their habitat, and that got cleared out on a daily basis. Way more work than cats and dogs. 

And aye she lost all three within a couple of months of one another. Two of them were super close and when  one died the other just stopped eating and eventually had to be put to sleep within no time. Dead sad cos there was nothing wrong with it other than missing its pal. 

25 minutes ago, Craig said:

The mercury has hit 40° here. Thunderstorm definitely required to break the back of this.

a relatively chilly 39° here

Sweating James Mcavoy GIF

all the trains into central london were cancelled, so i'm wfh in my pants, with all the windows and doors open and a fan blowing hot air at me.

yeah, i did that upstairs but the room i work in has got floor to ceiling doors, so just opened the fuckers for some much-needed ventilation. 

this feels as hot or hotter than any of the other hottest places iv'e visited around the world:

eilat, israel,

death valley, california's mojave desert,

dahab, egypt.  

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

yeah, i did that upstairs but the room i work in has got floor to ceiling doors, so just opened the fuckers for some much-needed ventilation. 

this feels as hot or hotter than any of the other hottest places iv'e visited around the world:

eilat, israel,

death valley, california's mojave desert,

dahab, egypt.  

Death Valley was INSANE. You could practically feel your cells breaking down. 

It's 37 here now. Just been out to hoy the dog in the paddling pool and it's minging.