General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Listen, you don't pay for all the STRAP-ON FEMDOM FACE-FUCKING searches you do on Google, but I'm sure you wouldn't want anyone finding out about them, would you MISTER PATERSON. 

I’ve never hidden anything on here MR PARANOID :lol:

Your twitter account carries your real name and a picture of your real face. I'd have 2FA on that if I were you, but the decision is yours. I cannot WAIT until Musk starts tweeting neck-down nudies from your account. 

It'll be too late for 2FA then! 

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Your twitter account carries your real name and a picture of your real face. I'd have 2FA on that if I were you, but the decision is yours. I cannot WAIT until Musk starts tweeting neck-down nudies from your account. 

It'll be too late for 2FA then! 

Fuck me you’re getting desperate now :lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Some of us just don’t take these things that don’t involve money that seriously…if someone nicked your twitter account they might improve the timeline tbh, you should look into it :good: 

Your twitter account is linked to your email, your email is linked to your phone, your phone is linked to your banking apps, you address, your calendar, your amazon account, your...

Two step verification just makes sense in this world of interconnected cunts.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Your twitter account is linked to your email, your email is linked to your phone, your phone is linked to your banking apps, you address, your calendar, your amazon account, your...

Two step verification just makes sense in this world of interconnected cunts.

So bank, pay pal & Apple Pay etc security isn’t to be trusted alone?  Even with biometric log in? 

Edited by PaddockLad

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

So bank, pay pal & Apple Pay etc security isn’t to be trusted alone?  Even with biometric log in? 

Whilst deactivating my twitter there (I HAVE PRINCIPLES!) I noticed it was linked to my Google account. But my Google account is protected by 2 step verification as standard, so fuck knows. Obviously your biometrics can be bypassed by a password. 

Just now, PaddockLad said:

Personally? I wouldn't. Since getting 2 Factor set up I've already had a couple of pings because someone has tried to access my Spotify or twitter account from Texas and one from India. No idea how many attempts successful or not were made in the past.

All they'd need to do is see which bank has sent you emails, go to the log in page, click forgot password, get the password reset code to get into your accounts, empty them, open new lines of credit, max them out, etc. etc. They'd also be able to find your address if you've ever ordered something online. Address, plus bank details, DOB, maybe even find some emailed utility bills... ruh roh spaghettioh 

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Personally? I wouldn't. Since getting 2 Factor set up I've already had a couple of pings because someone has tried to access my Spotify or twitter account from Texas and one from India. No idea how many attempts successful or not were made in the past.

All they'd need to do is see which bank has sent you emails, go to the log in page, click forgot password, get the password reset code to get into your accounts, empty them, open new lines of credit, max them out, etc. etc. They'd also be able to find your address if you've ever ordered something online. Address, plus bank details, DOB, maybe even find some emailed utility bills... ruh roh spaghettioh 

So doesn't this emphasise the most important thing to protect is your e-mail account? And if this is Gmail (and I assume Apple), even if they have your password they need my phone to log in with a new device. Which in itself is biometrically protected and never really leaves my side? 

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

So doesn't this emphasise the most important thing to protect is your e-mail account? And if this is Gmail (and I assume Apple), even if they have your password they need my phone to log in with a new device. Which in itself is biometrically protected and never really leaves my side? 

Yes, your email is the most important thing to protect. However when everything is linked it makes sense to protect every possible point of contact with that email address. Better safe than sorry.

22 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I get the issue here but how are they getting into my twitter in the first instance? I get an email every time I sign in on a new device asking if it’s me.. they can’t see my email address on my Twitter details..

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I get the issue here but how are they getting into my twitter in the first instance? I get an email every time I sign in on a new device asking if it’s me.. they can’t see my email address on my Twitter details..

It's not shown on the front end, but it's there in the background. A large number of people use the same (or similar) passwords for their online accounts, If you do it wouldn't take so many attempts to break into your email address and even then, they likely have programs to finesse or brute force it.

I use a dummy email address for all my online stuff. It's distinct from everything else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's not shown on the front end, but it's there in the background. A large number of people use the same (or similar) passwords for their online accounts, If you do it wouldn't take so many attempts to break into your email address and even then, they likely have programs to finesse or brute force it.

I use a dummy email address for all my online stuff. It's distinct from everything else.

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye, anyone using their primary email for the likes of Twitter or this shithole are asking for trouble.

:unsure:

Don't forget you're protecting your family and contacts as well, if they're susceptible to being contacted by fake you. I can only imagine some of the galaxy brains that some of you lads must have hanging off your family tree, so best to shut up shop for them. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

Don't forget you're protecting your family and contacts as well, if they're susceptible to being contacted by fake you. I can only imagine some of the galaxy brains that some of you lads must have hanging off your family tree, so best to shut up shop for them. 

Says the bloke who's mam planned her birthday night out on a home game Saturday

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

:unsure:

Ditto. I've got two email accounts, work and personal (Gmail). What's the issue using personal email here if I use my unique password for here (G3mm1l15@cunt)?

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

So, do I take it by “updating” the email address in this article, they actually mean “change’ ie twitter will let you change your email address but keep the account? 

https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-your-account/how-to-update-your-email-address

Yep. You're keeping the email you want associated with your twitter account up-to-date. 

• Like 1