General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

if you like the convenience of espresso pods but are concerned about the waste from the pods, I highly recommend these guys:

https://grind.co.uk/pages/yt-otp?gclid=CjwKCAiAzp6eBhByEiwA_gGq5C-kA1o9ywAKPO4UcQ8C2qRT7N5GH6a4zT5NBIrtWh5Kii9Uzqn9-RoC89cQAvD_BwE

i just bought one of their machines too. It’s a nice, sturdy stainless job - I already owned two nespresso machines which eventually died - they seem to have a quite limited shelf life if you drink as much coffee as I do 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

if you like the convenience of espresso pods but are concerned about the waste from the pods, I highly recommend these guys:

https://grind.co.uk/pages/yt-otp?gclid=CjwKCAiAzp6eBhByEiwA_gGq5C-kA1o9ywAKPO4UcQ8C2qRT7N5GH6a4zT5NBIrtWh5Kii9Uzqn9-RoC89cQAvD_BwE

i just bought one of their machines too. It’s a nice, sturdy stainless job - I already owned two nespresso machines which eventually died - they seem to have a quite limited shelf life if you drink as much coffee as I do 

We get ours recycled 

13 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

We get ours recycled 

Yeah, we used to too. I’m sceptical though about how recyclable plastic pods really are. They have to collect them. You can’t just put them in the recycling bin. The grind pods are compostable and can go in the food waste bin. 

19 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Yeah, we used to too. I’m sceptical though about how recyclable plastic pods really are. They have to collect them. You can’t just put them in the recycling bin. The grind pods are compostable and can go in the food waste bin. 

Nespresso pods are aluminium they collect when they deliver 

3 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Nespresso pods are aluminium they collect when they deliver 

yeah, we used to use the same service. i just read a few pieces that made me sceptical about it. 

you can also use grind pods in a regular nespresso machine. i don't work for them - honest!

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

yeah, we used to use the same service. i just read a few pieces that made me sceptical about it. 

you can also use grind pods in a regular nespresso machine. i don't work for them - honest!

😂😂just had a butcher’s and we have a vertuo which grind don’t do

You can buy reusable stainless steel pods for nespresso that you put your own ground coffee in. They’re really expensive though (and I haven’t tried them so don’t  know if they’re any good). 

Edited by Alex

1 hour ago, strawb said:

Coffee is rank. Get yourself and your taste buds tested 

Now I can taste it I'll concede that the instant coffee I've been happily drinking for years is actually rank, but since digging the cafetiere back out I think I might actually be able to live with my new found taste buds. 

Cheers for all the suggestions though guys. We have one of those Tassimo pod machines but all the pods I've tried were all piss weak. Never liked it. Used to have a nifty wee barista style espresso machine which was great but eventually broke and never got round to replacing. With the money I'll be saving I might look into finally replacing that. 

@Renton aye. Don't doubt for second I stank. Most of my coats probably still do, I can tell you my inside pocket of my winter coat still smells so strongly of tobacco Im half tempted to lick it right now.

I was oddly on-board with the smoking ban at the time tbh, mostly down to the clouds of fag reek and that constant haze from the regular bin fires in the bookies. I did mildly resent us getting a year earlier than England, but it was amusing watching the fallout a year later after we'd already made peace with it and were starting to appreciate the benefits. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Alex said:

You can buy reusable stainless steel pods for nespresso that you put your own ground coffee in. They’re really expensive though (and I haven’t tried them so don’t  know if they’re any good). 

They're crap.

Edited by RobinRobin

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I’m watching it with French commentary and am quite pleased to discover that the French do   actually use the phrase ‘ooh La La La La’ quite regularly.

One of the highlights of the trip to Rome for the Roma game was when the taxi driver taking us to the airport saw the traffic as we turned on to the motorway/autostrada and exclaimed "Mama Mia" complate with arm gestures. 

• Haha 7

He did roughly the same on Monday v an Italian who was 13th seed. Not sure where this bubble/Aussie dude is in the rankings?  

There used to be some sort of online “Andy Murray Brit-Ometer” that would be at 100% when he was winning Wimbledons & US opens and obviously 0% if he was knocked out early but none of them seem to have been updated in about a decade :lol:  Anyway, he’s one of the greatest tennis players Dunblane has ever produced* so it’s all good :good: 

*waiting for Wykiki to post that he hates Murray because he’s a dour, miserable moody jock prick who hates England to his marrow because of a joke he made as a teenager over 20 years ago that the English sporting public have never forgiven him for :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1