General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

He’s had an incredible career like. 3 grand slams in singles and two Olympic titles in an era where he’s played alongside 3 of the top 5 of all time, who’ve hoovered up 60 odd grand slams between them ( and counting). Like Meenzer says you have to admire how he keeps going. He’s such a unit he’s inevitably picked up injuries and there’s nothing he’s got to prove but he’s still got that never say die attitude 

• Like 6

Ok so the fella who bought my old phone left really good feedback and also managed to somehow overpay by £120….

Im still thinking it’s somehow a scam :lol: 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Alex said:

He’s had an incredible career like. 3 grand slams in singles and two Olympic titles in an era where he’s played alongside 3 of the top 5 of all time, who’ve hoovered up 60 odd grand slams between them ( and counting). Like Meenzer says you have to admire how he keeps going. He’s such a unit he’s inevitably picked up injuries and there’s nothing he’s got to prove but he’s still got that never say die attitude 

what a story it would be if he finally wins the aussie open in the twilight of his career after all the injuries. he's been beaten in the final 5 times, ffs. it would be like when ivanisevic finally won wimbledon

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

Ok so the fella who bought my old phone left really good feedback and also managed to somehow overpay by £120….

The life of a Newcastle supporter encapsulated in one sentence. 🙂 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

what a story it would be if he finally wins the aussie open in the twilight of his career after all the injuries. he's been beaten in the final 5 times, ffs. it would be like when ivanisevic finally won wimbledon

Bringing your "we're going to win the league" to tennis now? 

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

TEAM HUBRIS, BABY! 

I was watching the shite that is the Apprentice last night. Don't know why the fuck I do it, it gets worse every year, but there you go.

Anyway, Team Hubris would be a fantastic name for the one of the dickhead teams to use! Kind of sums up the programme. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Can’t see it happening like. It would be amazing though 

• Like 1

Djokovic is carrying a hamstring injury. Is there anyone able to give a decent opinion on who’s still in (Nadal is fucked and already out) that would be favourite at any stage of the tournament v Andy Murray? My own strictly amateur view would be that he’s unlikely to win it but am pretty far from being able to comment with any certainty on who could beat him…

34 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Djokovic is carrying a hamstring injury. Is there anyone able to give a decent opinion on who’s still in (Nadal is fucked and already out) that would be favourite at any stage of the tournament v Andy Murray? My own strictly amateur view would be that he’s unlikely to win it but am pretty far from being able to comment with any certainty on who could beat him…

Well the other 2 Brits and Tsitsipas (off the top of my head) would be favourites in a match. Australian is so gruelling (even by Grand Slam standards) it’s going to be tough going all the way given his age and injury issues. Would love to get wrong though. And while there is a definite changing of the guard in men’s tennis, none of the young pretenders have really properly stepped up yet 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

Well the other 2 Brits and Tsitsipas (off the top of my head) would be favourites in a match. Australian is so gruelling (even by Grand Slam standards) it’s going to be tough going all the way given his age and injury issues. Would love to get wrong though. And while there is a definite changing of the guard in men’s tennis, none of the young pretenders have really properly stepped up yet 

Yeah as far as I can make out there’s no one properly coming through that looks dominant at the moment. If his body holds together he’s got as good a chance as anyone 🤷🏻‍♂️

30 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah as far as I can make out there’s no one properly coming through that looks dominant at the moment. If his body holds together he’s got as good a chance as anyone 🤷🏻‍♂️

Alcaraz is the new roided up Spanish Nadal replacement who will likely dominate for a few years, but he is also injured

TALKSPORT-Carlos-Alcaraz.thumb.jpg.ec32e4a239d26d35d484072c10121d9f.jpg

Nice body transformation 

Edited by spongebob toonpants

5 hours ago, Tom said:

Good news: I've never once had someone try to pull a fast one after leaving good feedback. 

Bad news: sadly they can still open up a return request and the feedback won't help you.

Would be a totally nonsensical way to run a scam though. Sure you'll be fine man.

Actually, I might have just thought of a (somewhat unethical) way to make that feedback work for you if it comes to it. Feel free to message me in the unlikely event they try to shaft you.

In other news, Murray grew up just a few miles from me and is a year younger. Unreal career he's had, but while he's still competing for Gland Slams and I'm here pissing about offering questionable eBay advice (on a forum for a team I don't even really follow) on a Friday night, I'd much rather change the subject before I start seriously questioning my life choices.

• Haha 9